Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Idle surge is making me angry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle surge is making me angry!

alright, Iv'e had this idle surge problem for a long time now. It's starting to piss me off.
    Here's the problem: it revs up to 2,000 rpms and back down to normal idle over and over again. And sometimes it'll go away once the car has been running for a while. The idle surging is 10x's worse in cold weather.

I took it to the shop, they checked everything, replaced my thermostat b/c engine temperature was off. I had my coolant flushed and refilled. I cleaned out the IAC valve and FIV valve on Intake Mani. What else is there?

All the engine has is a short air intake. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

o2 sensor...seen it bunch of times. maybe mafs.

Comment

mafs?

Comment

Vacuum leak any trouble codes? I say you got a vacuum leak start pinching hoses dude.

Comment

mass air flow sensor....yea vacuum leak would make sense too. There was crx with a b16 swap that my dude owned not too long ago and once he sold it whoever bought it had this same problem with the rpms fluctuating from like 750+/- up to 2000+/- and then back down again and repeating and yea on rev or warm up it would cease but then come back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
            mass air flow sensor....yea vacuum leak would make sense too. There was crx with a b16 swap that my dude owned not too long ago and once he sold it whoever bought it had this same problem with the rpms fluctuating from like 750+/- up to 2000+/- and then back down again and repeating and yea on rev or warm up it would cease but then come back again.

oh ya turned out to be an o2 sensor.

Comment

where's the mafs located
              and where are the o2 sensors located that you metioned

Comment

We dont have a MAF we have a MAP if i remember correctly. O2 sensor is located on the downpipe. Another easy way is to spray around where you might suspect its leaking with like water or something and listen for engine tone change and that would be where your leak is.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                  Vacuum leak any trouble codes? I say you got a vacuum leak start pinching hoses dude.
                  ...I'm going with sparkle on the vac leak, could also be a bad tb or intake mani gasket.
                  My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    We dont have a MAF we have a MAP if i remember correctly.
                    word. Think about it, mass air flow, sensor on intake, manifold absolute pressure, sensor to intake manifold. Which one do we have
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

MAF? O2 sensor? OMG, why...why...why...

FIV and IACV cause shitty idling on F22 equipped hondas. I can tell you very confidently that the MAF and O2 sensor have absolutely nothing to do with this problem. Based of their jobs in the engine bay, there is no way they can even cause this problem. Another cause is having too much air in your coolant system. Replace both and bleed the coolant system, problem should go away. Its very,berry rare that it doesnt after this. in those instances its a damaged vacuum hose. Spray hoses with water (lightly!!!) and inspect for holes. Best culprit in case of a vacuum leak is the Brake booster vacuum source.

Comment

any coolant leaks??
                        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

x2 on the vac leak pinch all the three main hoses leading to the map sensor one by one and check if they have been placed in the wrong hole.peace

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

vac leak or tighten down that screw thingy in the fiv(if u havent done so)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Cleaning the FIV and IACV...I am not sure that even works. Try new ones all together. Maybe on the FIV, but I don't think it will on the IACV.

The vacuum lines are cheaper to check. Inspect those first with the engine running.
                              Last edited by KillerCam282; 05-14-2006, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X