Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

VTEC Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC Setting

Hey,

I just got myself a VTEC Controller. I was wondering where everyone had their VTEC set?

I was told to set mine to engage @4800 rpm.

I just have Headers/Intake/and Exhuast on my car (h22 btw)

Lemme know what you have and where you have the VTEC set.

Thanks,
    -Lam

Take it to a dyno that is the only "proper" way to set a VAFC. Other than that i wouldnt recommend messing with it unless you plan on fuckin your engine.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea what he said^^ at one point mine was kickin at 4800, then later 5900, now 5400, 195.4 to the wheels. to make the most possible power you must be tuned. dont just set it lower cuz u can

Comment

Not bad but I would get the vafc tuned properly to see the best results. You mess with the vafc without tuning the ratio properly youll start shotin off check engine lights,then the end result will be your car runnin like ass.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Not bad but I would get the vafc tuned properly to see the best results. You mess with the vafc without tuning the ratio properly youll start shotin off check engine lights,then the end result will be your car runnin like ass.

So do you think I should move from 4800 to 5000 or even more?...

I think I might do 5200 just to be on the safe side?

Thanks for the input,
          -Lam

Comment

Mine's Uberdata tuned at 5200 engagement.
            wat

Comment

Working...
            X