Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Performance Gains-How Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you are driving auto.... torque converter and pts kit from www.levelten.com

The pts kit is a little pricey though.

transmission intercooler. B&M and Hayden both make them. Very useful.

bolt-ons will work well. you can get the f22a4 intake manifold. That should be useful too.

take out back seat? maybe unless u need it. Check out the weight reduction thread under racing.
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
      Well if you are driving auto.... torque converter and pts kit from www.levelten.com

The pts kit is a little pricey though.

transmission intercooler. B&M and Hayden both make them. Very useful.

bolt-ons will work well. you can get the f22a4 intake manifold. That should be useful too.

take out back seat? maybe unless u need it. Check out the weight reduction thread under racing.
      All good advice except for the A4 intake mani...it is the same as the A1.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ChilinazaVillin
        not really, my friends has a 90' bone stock with no intake at all, no headers and is running a f22b ecu on it, he lost to a prlude the other day by 1/2 a car length.
        I wonder what magic does ur friend do to run a car without header

He lost to a prelude by 1/2 a car length So what Was that at the track or an unknow person How can U base U judgement on that What if the prelude guy showed mercy or wasn't racing at all.

Anyway.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

I/H/E, all the basic bolt on's.....once u got the bolt on's done and camshaft reground, go forth with the ignition system, fuel system. then do complete headwork with valvetrain and all. then if ur still not satisfied do block work, then if still not satisfied use some spray.
          My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
            All good advice except for the A4 intake mani...it is the same as the A1.

oooo so it was the a6.... crude monkies.... get the f22a6 intake manifold.
            my 91 cb7
            Originally posted by 4doorfury
            I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
              I wonder what magic does ur friend do to run a car without header

He lost to a prelude by 1/2 a car length So what Was that at the track or an unknow person How can U base U judgement on that What if the prelude guy showed mercy or wasn't racing at all.

Anyway.

it was both of my friends racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                Intake, Header, Exhaust. Those 3 will make your Accord way more fun to drive.

Lighten flywheel coupled with a new clutch, say stage 1 will make your car revv faster, increasing the "fun-factor." It'll feel like you gained 10hp, but in reality, you just lost weight off the flywheel...

---If you have an automatic, search about, "Torque converters."

Keep your power steering, A/C. Those are daily things needed...unless you are going all out and making your Accord a track car...

Laughing gas. A small shot of nitrous is the best bang for the buck...a wet shot is pref.

Changing ECU is pointless if you have the stock motor...the ECU values wont work well...

Other than that, search about TURBO's. Your alternate is the h22.

thanks for that info. Most likely now i am going to just save up for an h22 swap, but this alternative sounds good too.

Comment

Working...
                X