Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ecu intake performance chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu intake performance chip?

i have seen these on E-bay for cheap i was wondering if any one has one installed and if its worth buying

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Originally posted by thewoahna
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
      Agreed.

Comment

so your sayin its not worth getting

Comment

so not worth getting,that ebay cheapo shit never works.DONT get it.

Comment

yea don't buy it, it makes your car use more gas and you don't get any performance.
            92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
            MY ACCORD

Comment

I bought one from ebay, it was a small resister that went in the air intake sensor or something like, but I put it in and could'nt tell a bit of differance. Not worth it.

Comment

dont do it.

it tricks the computer htinking its getting cold air. when really its not. so that will harm your cars performance.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

so tired of that question...but i'll still be nice and link u to others
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4433

the thing just adds fuel as stated b4...please look for my fuel 101 thread in the performance section. Just adding fuel blindly will take away hp not add hp
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

how can they sell that shit saying "gain 10 hp" i mean thats false adver. isnt it?

Comment

not really false advertisment as much as it is a play on words to confuse newbies. U can MAKE a car gain 10 hp and if someone ever tried to sue them i bet they'd beat the case easy. Seeing as you could never really prove that your car didn't gain any hp. They cover their asses by saying theoriticaly...with just that one word your case is lost. They say in some of the ads that "this chip will make your car think the air is colder and colder air means more hp" or "makes your car add more for and theoritically the more fuel the more horsepower, right?" I can't remember the exact terminology but its an english term i learned in h.s....kinda like commercials where they persuade by popularity. Add in a famous baseball star to sell some cheetos ya know...he eats cheetos and he's famous...why aren't u eating them? Fuel means more power, don't you know this?

Its seriously just a play on words

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i guess becareful what ya read/buy.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                          i guess becareful what ya read/buy.
                          always...gimmicks are what you want to stay away from. If u look at most anybody who has alot of stuff done to their car you will not see gimmicks in their line up.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6755

Dude they even say that the chip tricks your engine into thinking that its getting more air. And they dont even tell you the harm that can cause.

Comment

it doesn't necessarily harm the engine at all...it just makes the ecu provide more fuel...you'll never really blow an engine by giving it a bit more fuel. Its more likely just to take away some hp

Comment

Working...
                              X