Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Spark Plugs READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plugs READ THIS!

Just to let everyone know. I put new spark plug wires in the new CB7 I got, and there is a VERY big difference in pull. If you have not replaced them for a while go out and do it! I put in Bosch Plugs!

holly shit man, imagine if you did a full tune up!

Comment

NGK plugs are highly recommended by many

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
        NGK plugs are highly recommended by many
        yup NGK's are my choice! nothing fancy about it.

Comment

my engine doesn't like NGK....either bosch or denzo for me running bosch platinum 4's for about 50k miles and still looking good. so what does that tell ya?
          My members ride thread

Comment

Autolite's

Anyway, I used to run autolites all the time when on my fmu/missing link cuz they fouled once a week. Now that I'm tuned on uberdata I run ngk's and have been on the same set for like 2 months, its a freakin record for me. L8r
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

how long were your old wires in there?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Autolites...lol...my friend used to change spark plugs everytime he did an oil change...with Autolites...i liked his theory on why he did that...

Changing spark plugs every 40k`ish is a good idea, maybe even less...new spark plugs, better spark, better explosions for pistons to move...

New wires is always a good idea...better conductivity flow...

:::How do you check if you guys have stock spark plug wires?:::

wipe the crust & oil off your stock black wires...you will see the born on date...1990, 1991 etc... in small red numbers...if that's the case...CHANGE THEM~!!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

i have a big feeling that my plug wires are original. i want to get some NGK wires to replace em with. i replaced the plugs not too long ago with NGKs.
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

As long as the original wires are intact and the measured resistance is in spec, there won't be any problem with running the originals.

Sorry, but I used to have $100 set of MSDs and there was absolutely no difference (not even gas mileage) switching between the 2. That is with 213,000 miles.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Very true, if you measure the resistance of the wires (At operating temp, it will vary) and they check out ok, keep them. L8r
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

I bought the car used, so I have no idea how old they were. I will get the NKGs fo sho then! I have also done the fuel filter, oil/filter change, MAJOR clean out, etc. etc...

Comment

When i bough it from this white man...it already has NGK plug and Autolite wires...I guess my wires are reall old..gona replace em soon wid NGK yay..

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

i would recommend honda oe replacment parts from your local dealer only for a tune up. ive seen alot of hondas with wack tune ups. alot of them not running due to cheap tune up parts. champion spark plugs are some of the worst plugs you can put in a honda.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                            cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                              Very true, if you measure the resistance of the wires (At operating temp, it will vary) and they check out ok, keep them. L8r
                              that is key

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X