Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Out of blood to sell to keep my f22-boost runing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of blood to sell to keep my f22-boost runing

I have spend more money turbo the F22 then getting an H22 plus turbo combine.
    I just blew my 2nd JDM F22A motor last friday damit..... I took it to a dyno tune and see how much power they can make from tuning. every since my cat back exhaust and high flow cat my boosted jumped from 6psi to 10psi so I want to play it safe. Tech came out and say I'm runing too rich at 12.0:1 and he gona lean it out to where the engine make lot of power at 13.5:1, I told him is that a little lean and he say it ok for an accord, The dyno tech say the block could handle it since It has 8.5:1, I told him it stock internal and it 8.8:1. He say it don't matter much on an sohc non vtech, it not making 300whp right?? :disgust: :disgust: I was piss but told him I want to play it safe, it my 2nd engine and I only floor it like a few time a week on the highway. He raise fuel pressure to 45psi just to be safe, on the stock block also retard my timing 2 degree at the dizzy (only 2 degree for 10psi?? hmmm). he replace my 2 heat range colder irdium plug with ngk cooper stock heat range and say cooper made more power better for turbo charge. He also gap them a bit closer like at .035. Final dyno net an power increase 20hp with same boost at 10psi. I thought I was wrong about the guy and he know his shit. after 1 week of driving, my #3 cylinder and 2 blew. compression check was 178, 60, 0, 180. 3rd cyl has lost all compression.

The engine made no denation or piping or knocking sound at all before it blew. Or At least I could not hear it, what I could have done to monitor sign of denation(sp)/ping/knock?? the dyno tech say the engine sound fine, but that just using his ear. and .The Bad thing is I already sign a waiver paper before the dyno tuning saying the shop is not resposible for the engine damage, Shit I took their advise an it blew my engine, I try to call the shop but the shop trying to blow me off and dyno tech keep avoiding me, he know he mess up and fuc** my car.

Dame it so hard to find a good shop that know their shit, I been to 4 local shop that claim they know honda, and end up never worked on an accord at all. I did have fun beating 9 out 10 car on the highway that week, but not worth blowing my engine :mad: :mad: :mad:
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Damn man, sounds like you need a donar. Maybe you should just get a US h22 for cheap and use that instead. You definitly have to talk to that guy, and tell him you just want to find out what happened (you probably knew because of the leaning and the timming).

That would be your chance to punch him in the eye.

I'm lucky I found a shop that only does hondas and are on the top list of tuning shops. You may need to find a better shop. What was you pushing though?

Comment

ok blazen...if u get another f22 then please invest in an egt...that might save your engine...also i'd do a compression test on the cylinders everyday for a couple weeks to make sure the rings weren't failing on 10psi +. What happened this time? You weren't racing or at WOT were you? So sorry to hear this happen again and your actually making me scared lol. But if u need some extra money lemme know cause i still got parts to buy. Whats the name of the shop by the way? And how much hp were you putting down at your highest psi? Cause i'll watch for those numbers and back off a little if i hit them...once again...sorry to hear the bad news
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Ill sell u my f22a6 Man PM me a price.

Comment

dang man.....totally bites that u can not find a good shop....sounds like you need to go learn yourself and do it up ur own style.

ur prolly better off using ur butt dyno and tuning it on the street via piggyback or reprogramming ur ECU

A/F ratio gauge and EGT, oil psi are good to have if u don't..obviously boost as well
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Damn bro that just equaled some major owneage damn I feel your pain I blew my engine once on nitrous. BUt you should have been just happy with the power you had did the shop have a good rep.

As for me i plan on boosting my car after i everything is set im gonna do it right get a c/r test all around and not tryin to boost no more than 7psi but imma do it at 6.5 psi and just leave it there for good. And not change anything from there and then no dyno just oil change and tuning its when you let someone else touch your shit bot the same shop or you thats when they fuck shit up. Cause remember its only you that knows what your car wants and needs. By the way care to indulge us all on your setup consisted of . Cause im just gonna get a greddy kit for cheap brand new.

Comment

Thank guys, It good to have friends that understand at this time, my family are very upset and want me to sell the car as it. Right now, I'm gona think it over for a few week to decide if I should invest in an H22 and sell my turbo, sleves the F22 and keep my turbo. Or as per family suggest get a 1996-up accord or prelude.

an 1990 car, is just too old at 14 year there alot of thing eletrical/mechnanic beside the engine will go bad, and with a turbo, any one thing go wrong and it blow the engine. my friend an I will pull the head to see what wrong with the engine, hopefully it just a headgasket, or the most it just a cracked head.
              DO I need a machine shop for this. If it the gasket or head then I might try to save the f22 and keep the car for now. what are good performance headgasket for the F22??

EGT- dame I should have got one but been putting it off, that would have tell me if the engine is running too hot right?? how much does it cost? Be nice if there is an gauge system that can monitor compression in each cyl that mounted on the dash.

For the number. at 10psi, with 93 octane and bottle of 105 octane booster, air temp was cool about 40 degree.

Before Tuning: 160whp@5800rpm 176@3000rpm ft/lb
              After Tuning: 185whp@5900rpm 195@3300rpm ft/lb

Not too impressive # but It an Automatic with an ultra small T25 Turbo so the HP at the crank is about 30% more.
              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

EGT's will run you an arm and a leg. I hear they go for about $800. If you want higher boost, you should probably drop that t25 for a 3 or 3/4 hybrid. That compression gauge in the dash would be crazy.

Don't give up so easy, family always try to put us down. Age aint nothing but a number.

So sparky is keeping this cb7 and going turbo, glad to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                  EGT's will run you an arm and a leg. I hear they go for about $800. If you want higher boost, you should probably drop that t25 for a 3 or 3/4 hybrid. That compression gauge in the dash would be crazy.

Don't give up so easy, family always try to put us down. Age aint nothing but a number.

So sparky is keeping this cb7 and going turbo, glad to hear.
                  no my friend you are thinking of a wideband 02 sensor. A Greddy EGT with probe is like $200.
                  Blazen you can collect 4 of these and monitor every cylinders temperature. I've seen it done b4 and its a bit extreme but it'll warn you far beforehand whats going on in there. Where you mount the probe plays a big part on you temperature tho. And personally i say any shop that makes you sign a waiver doesn't trust their own work and shouldn't be trusted themselves. I'll try not to repeat your mistakes my friend but remember if u need some extra money i've got some and a parts list...just pm me and i'll give you the list

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

something just came to mind...with the settings the shop gave you u said you were running octane booster right? Well were u running it the entire week or did u have to refill the tank?

Comment

Damn man... I just saw that thing running fine a few weeks ago! It's like hearing that someone you recently saw just died...

My recommendation: (and I know it's both a bit extreme AND against what many people here feel...)
                      Get an H22, either JDM or USDM... BUILD IT UP. Resleeve it, get some low compression pistons to bring it to 8:5:1 or something. Get stronger rods. Get proper fuel management (Hondata is my choice, though I would want to learn to do it myself... that = $$$) And, to make all that power worth the money, convert to 5 speed.

It's gonna cost you an arm and a leg to do it right, but as you said, you've paid that already in your past attempts. Do it right, take care of it, and it'll treat you well.

If you can find a new F22 (like Maple's, perhaps) then you could drop that into your car for the time being so it's not in perpetual limp mode.

If you want to discuss the turbo H22 idea, feel free to PM or IM me. I'm planning it myself, and I've collected a fair amount of knowledge (though I still have LOTS to learn yet!) I'd be glad to throw around ideas with you, and maybe come up with a good plan!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        something just came to mind...with the settings the shop gave you u said you were running octane booster right? Well were u running it the entire week or did u have to refill the tank?
                        I use an octance booster everytime I gas got a case of them in my trunk, cost me $25 for 12 bottle.

Originally posted by Deevergote
                        Damn man... I just saw that thing running fine a few weeks ago! It's like hearing that someone you recently saw just died...
                        Thank bro, been looking into the h22, but I put so much to give up on the F22 now. It gona come down to money, and cheap labor. Shop way over charge on engine install I just need to get my hand more dirty an learn how to take the engine out myself. Suck when U don't have a garage, I got to do everything on he parking lot.

Comment

I hear that. I do most of my work on the street outside my house. I need to get a driveway put in...

I borrowed my mom's garage today to do some work on my front end (lip and headlights) but that's not something she'll let me do often.

Still, even if you do the F22 again, be sure to build that thing up! Even though the stock CR is fairly low, your best bet is to get stronger parts anyway. Honda engines aren't made for forced induction. You can keep the boost low, but if it creeps, you're done (but I guess you already know that much...)

If you want to throw around ideas, I'm here. The H22 is my thing, but if you want to do the F, I might be able to help... I could at least help you work through your ideas. It's better than going to a shop for ideas! Their main goal is to sell parts and services to you!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            no my friend you are thinking of a wideband 02 sensor. A Greddy EGT with probe is like $200.
                            Blazen you can collect 4 of these and monitor every cylinders temperature. I've seen it done b4 and its a bit extreme but it'll warn you far beforehand whats going on in there. Where you mount the probe plays a big part on you temperature tho. And personally i say any shop that makes you sign a waiver doesn't trust their own work and shouldn't be trusted themselves. I'll try not to repeat your mistakes my friend but remember if u need some extra money i've got some and a parts list...just pm me and i'll give you the list
                            Oops your right. I was thinking of the wideband. .
                            By the way, what are your goals?
                            And i know what you mean. This shop wants 1400+ for the engine install. I'd rather do it on the street with me and my boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                              Oops your right. I was thinking of the wideband. .
                              By the way, what are your goals?
                              And i know what you mean. This shop wants 1400+ for the engine install. I'd rather do it on the street with me and my boys.
                              actually you can buy them for like 400 dollars now days.. i know some people running them.

Also what mani are you running? dsm one?
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X