Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Weight Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Reduction

So, in preperation for this summer at the track, I went pretty far (while horribly intoxicated)
    My friend and I took about two hours and removed my entire rear interior, spare tire, jack and stuff, pretty much everything except for that stupid tar which I'm going to have to melt off.

Without touching the front cabin (my girlfriend WILL murder me if I start stripping passenger side stuff) what can I lose?

Right now we're thinking most of the exhaust heatshielding can go, how about the break heatshields and stuff. I'm definately hoping I can find some fiberglass body stuff that looks stock, and a carbon fiber hood without a scoop that shouts pull me over. I'm also looking at some rota slipstreams to replace my stock EX wheels, but I'm not sure how durable those are (The roads out here are like something out of the road warrior)

Is there anything else I can lose without pissing my girlfriend off?
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    Shortram Intake
    Matrix Coilovers
    Front + Rear Strut Braces
    Custom 2.25 Exhaust
    Flowmaster 60 Series Muffler
    Delta 272 Regrind
    Slammed, Stripped, And Loud

A/C, PS pump...

Taking the tar out is a good 10-15 lbs...

But the stock seats weigh a ton... I put 14 pounder racing jobbies in there and I would guess that both of my racing seats combined are still lighter than one stock seat...

I about got a hernia lifting the damn things out of the car... blah!
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

You have to do any freaky custom mounting brackets for the lightweight seats?
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      Shortram Intake
      Matrix Coilovers
      Custom 2.25 Exhaust
      Delta 272 Regrind

Comment

Are carbon Fiber hoods illegal?! I can't see how. ANyone, Anyone?!
        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

ya tars a bitch,weighs a ton,good luck on your project.

Comment

Not Illegal, But Much Like Dark Tinted Windows, A Ridiculous Ricey CF Hood Is Basically Begging For A Bullshit Too Loud, Three Over, Fix It, Dangerous, Distracting Ticket
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            Shortram Intake
            Matrix Coilovers
            Custom 2.25 Exhaust
            Delta 272 Regrind

Comment

Originally posted by RedDeathCoupe
              Not Illegal, But Much Like Dark Tinted Windows, A Ridiculous Ricey CF Hood Is Basically Begging For A Bullshit Too Loud, Three Over, Fix It, Dangerous, Distracting Ticket
              Oh, I got you. I don't think a OEM looking CF hood would warrant a ticket. I mean anythings possibly. But I doubt it.
              My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

ac?

i dont know how much you like your air conditioning bu you could always pull it out for i belive around 45lbs and also allowing your pullys to run smoother

Comment

Re: ac?

Originally posted by accordSE
                  i dont know how much you like your air conditioning bu you could always pull it out for i belive around 45lbs and also allowing your pullys to run smoother
                  The compressor is a bit of a porker. I'm sure taking out the condensor/evap would save a decent bit of weight.

Comment

I think taking off the tar will give you more than 15 pounds off. You can take out the carpet and get the tar out of the inside then lay the carpet back down and your girlfriend will never know the difference I know you can also take out some of the bumper reinforcements.

Comment

i added a carbon fiber hood, disc to brake conversion, removed rear seats. replace factory carpet with aftermarket carpet. removed all sound deaden material through out cabin, A/C removal with all the lines and underdash component, and race seats

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

hybrid90accord, have you had your car weighed to see how much you lost?

Comment

and how loud was the cabin after u removed the sound deadening material? That tar should add up to about 75 pounds all together
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcoupe
                            hybrid90accord, have you had your car weighed to see how much you lost?
                            no, next time i got to the track i will get it weighed

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

some people remove the spare tire well.. just torch the shit off.. and replace it with something else.. or do like kentucky and just leave it open air

open ur mirrors and take out the motors.. and make em manual so u have to adjust em by hand hehe.

umm i think u covered all u can do.. if ur gonna get hardcore anal about it.. fiberglass most of the car
                              front bumper
                              fenders
                              hood
                              rear bumper
                              trunk hatch
                              probably wouldnt do that because of the money but the stock accord hoods are heavy as shit..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X