Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

back to oem exhaust...am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Sparke said, get rid of that "high-flow cat" as that is where your noise is mostly coming from. Also, a resonator will greatly reduce the sound without robbing too much power.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
      Like Sparke said, get rid of that "high-flow cat" as that is where your noise is mostly coming from. Also, a resonator will greatly reduce the sound without robbing too much power.

Do you know what ACID RAIN IS? hmmm? mmmmkkkay....and most likely, the thread starters Accord isn't a full blown race car either.

Dont gut the cat-converter. Depending on the state, you may run into Mr.Emissions testing...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
      1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett

He already has a resonator, and I added a high flow cat to my exhaust, and it made little to no difference in noise.

Maybe you could also try a first Gen 3.0CL muffler.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Starchland, send me a PM if you want to hear what my World Sport sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
            ^something to consider, thanks.

Ill sell you my WS if your intrested

Comment

yeah i don't think i would be able to stand a loud exhaust for an extended period of time. plus like someone else said, i don't really like the look of a fart can. i prefer the look of the stock dual tip(EX). however, i do like the look of the Remus exhaust because it looks stock only polished which is nice.
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

RS-R EXMAG FTW!

Comment

2.25" piping + resonator + ES Tuning muffler FTW!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

damn i think i might order an oem axle back for 150 shipped lol

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                    X