Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22a6 intake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 intake swap

I have a f22a1, and i have read on other forums that the f22a6 intake manifold has dual runners, which is like 8 inlet hole for air opposed to the 4 on the f22a1 intake manifold. I also heard that you can swap these out prety easily. My question is can i swap these without an ecu swap, or will i have to get an ecu as well. And i fi do need an ecu will it have to be from a automatic tranny car since my car is an automatic???
    I want to do this next monday but i wanna make sure its worth and and i can do it easily without pobelms

anybody? JUst need somehelp with this...?

Comment

It will work without the ecu, but I think the butterfly valves won't open up for the dual runners. You want to get the same ecu transmission wise. I'm not too knowledgable on this, but that is just what I remember from reading stuff on the forum. I plan on doing this mod soon as well.

Comment

Re: F22a6 intake swap

Originally posted by urbanrunner
        I have a f22a1, and i have read on other forums that the f22a6 intake manifold has dual runners, which is like 8 inlet hole for air opposed to the 4 on the f22a1 intake manifold. I also heard that you can swap these out prety easily. My question is can i swap these without an ecu swap, or will i have to get an ecu as well. And i fi do need an ecu will it have to be from a automatic tranny car since my car is an automatic???
        I want to do this next monday but i wanna make sure its worth and and i can do it easily without pobelms
        son...control yourself, your all over the internet with this lol You'll get the same answers here as u would on AT. Try to stick to ecu's compadible to ur tranny but it doesn't matter any ecu from 90-93 accords WILL work. You don't need an a6 ecu...you only need it if u want to have the butterflies closed before 4700 rpm. If u don't have it then they will just stay open all the time like mine.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

do u notice a loss of power at all? ANd someone on HS told me that if i hook up an extra vacumm line the the butter flies will open at full throttle....

Oh yes and i am calm just don't want to make any mistakes!

Comment

i did not notice a loss in power but rather a gain around 3800-4100 rpm then a surge of power at 4900 rpm till where ever you shift
            The only way you'd be able to have the butterflies open at only full throttle is if you had the a6 ecu to close them in the first place.
            I haven't heard of this being done but i'm pretty sure it can happen. You'd have to ask the HS ppl how to do it cause i haven't heard of it.
            It'd be a nice feature tho and nice to learn
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The butterfly solenoid only needs a 12v positive signal to open up, so you can rig up your own switch to open them whenever you want... that way you don't even need to bother with getting another ECU.

Comment

do u know where the solienoid terminal is...iwill try a 12 v switch then

Comment

Originally posted by urbanrunner
                  do u notice a loss of power at all? ANd someone on HS told me that if i hook up an extra vacumm line the the butter flies will open at full throttle....
                  I'm just curious....why would you only want the IMTV to open at full throttle?
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

BTW, I just remembered, fuel pressure on A6 cars is 40psi, vs 36 psi on A1 and A4 cars. So it might not be a bad idea to trow in an EX fuel pump so it doesn't lean out at higher RPM when the butterflies open.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                      BTW, I just remembered, fuel pressure on A6 cars is 40psi, vs 36 psi on A1 and A4 cars. So it might not be a bad idea to trow in an EX fuel pump so it doesn't lean out at higher RPM when the butterflies open.
                      humm, really..ill look into that.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

okay ive found a f22a6 intake manifold im juss wondering u were talkin about gettin a better fuel pump but i have a 90 ex so will i have to get a new pump and how much gain will this give? (man i love our junkyard) and also how will i go about cleanin it and is there ne way to determine if its worthit to take?

Comment

i dont even know if there is a differnt in fuel pumps....

but i did pull another manifold today, now i have 2 f22a6 =).

im cleaning out the egr ports, and just cleaning out the interior and making it nice and shinny...

the only way to know if the fuel pump is differnt is looking at the part numbers which sometimes are differnt due to wiring.

im not going to worry about no fuel pump...=)...but i will look into it in the future.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

now that u answered that how long u think it'll take to throw in about an hour and a half or less..........(im thinkin less) well neway tell me how the gain is with it

Comment

it took me about 40 minutes taking it off...the engine i had was really jammed and been in a accident.

but not long, i say a 2 hour job.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X