Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ebay fuel pressure regulator install problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay fuel pressure regulator install problems

does anyone have a diy on installing an ebay fpr? it hooks up but the plate that adapts to the stock fuel rail isnt flush, that or the wholes arent lining up ( but i tried a hundred times) and it shoots fuel all over the engine compartment. would i need to buy an aftermarket fuel rail. i think so. maybe i just answered my own question. any opinions would be appreciated. And yes i searched already.
    PROFESSOR
    Edison, NJ

green-T
    92 accord LX
    BEFORE, PRESENT, AND AFTER PICS COMING SOON!
    (FROM RICE TO NICE)

My ride

Hit up myspace

searching wouldn't get u anywhere with that...imagination would. If its not flush then take it to a machine shop and have them zero it. The only reason u'd need to buy an aftermarket fuel rail would be if it didn't physically fit because there were other components in the way. So the bolt holes line up and all but the flange isn't flush, right? Yea thats more of a task for a machinist. And ur sure the o-ring is ok?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think that FPR uses standard threads while the rail has metric threads so it kinda kits, but not really...hope that makes sense! lol

Try wrapping the fitting threads excessively with teflon tape and then slowly thread it into the rail as straight as you possibly can. Back it out if it starts to get sideways on you and try it again making sure it goes straight. Even if the threads don't seal it all the way, the teflon tape should take care of it. I'd check the connection every time you pop the hood just to make sure it doesn't leak over time.

Leaky fuel rail=

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Try something like this where the old FPR used to go:

This is on my F22B1 so yours is a little different, but the hole where the FPR used to go was threaded already, I just used some custom fittings I had laying around to work with the rail and the fittings that came with the FPR. Hope that helps a little.
        Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 03-27-2006, 09:00 PM.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

thanks guys

thanks fellas, ima try to do both. Take it to a machinist and have them thread the female port/hole on the fuel rail to the thread of the fitting. i shouldnt have to worry about any fuel leaks if i get the fuel rail threaded right? anyway thanks a lot for your help. i come on this site everyday, but im not a post junky. but when i do post something its always worth it. thanks.
          PROFESSOR
          Edison, NJ

green-T
          92 accord LX
          BEFORE, PRESENT, AND AFTER PICS COMING SOON!
          (FROM RICE TO NICE)

My ride

Hit up myspace

Comment

good luck with that thats why i just brought myself a billet one its purple it snice not bad for the money and all you gotta do is throw it on the fuelrail.

Comment

eh.. just get a tap/die set for w.e size fitting ur using.. thats what i did.. once its all nice and tapped clean it out with carb cleaner.. so all the shavings are gone.. then wrap the fitting in teflon tape.. thenn! lol spackle jbweld around the fitting ontop of the teflon top (yes its messy).. wrench on the fitting onto the fuel rail.. and let sit.. now would be a good time if u wanted to.. to spray the rail.. ceramic to make it look brand new again..

we put ours between the shock tower and the firewall on the drivers side.. its basiclly hidden.. this was on bagoon316's car btw

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

xacc92x

the "universal" flange isnt flush i have the red afpr and i had the same fuel squirting problems... its wack

let me know how you fix it so i can get mine going

Comment

Working...
                X