Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dc headers problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc headers problems

i searched and couldnt find what i was looking for so if someone can help me pls!!!!....so i got some dc headers and put it on and went to go start it it sounds like a lawnmower now i know its not suppose to sound this way i got them used from uncle_el i used the stock gasket what did i do wrong besides putting it not tight enough is someone can pls helpe me!!!

edit....problem solved screws werent tight enough .... there is this hissing sound (my friend says its normal) and my gas pedal got stiffer is that normal also?
    Last edited by nghtrydr23; 03-25-2006, 03:27 PM.
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

sounds like a blown/leaking gasket. you might need to reorder some from DC sports. I need to do that myself.
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
      sounds like a blown/leaking gasket. you might need to reorder some from DC sports. I need to do that myself.
      yeah, the gasket is probably old, in which case explains the lawn mower sound.

i don't think the gaskets are that expensive.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Gasket.

Comment

Defintately the gasket. A good replacment gasket, if you can find it, are the copper variety. I've always had very good luck with those. Remember to torque the manifold as you would torque a head down.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

i went to f22 parts.com and got my gasket but i didnt last to long

Comment

i got it fixed guys!!!!!! i went back and tighten every screw apparently the bolts on the block were loose.....

edit..... there is this hissing sound (my friend says its normal) and my gas pedal got stiffer is that normal also?
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

ya for some reason my bolts back out even after i use lock tight. o well

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                  i got it fixed guys!!!!!! i went back and tighten every screw apparently the bolts on the block were loose.....

edit..... there is this hissing sound (my friend says its normal) and my gas pedal got stiffer is that normal also?
                  Hissing sound is normal..
                  My friend has DC sports (Integra) it also makes hissing sound.
                  I have no idea about gas pedal.
                  How about checking the throttle cable?
                  1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                  2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                  3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                  4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                  5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

ok proper procedure for putting on a header is to tighten the bolts to spec....warm car up till it reach NOT. turn car off and retighten to specs. drive for a few days and retighten to specs. make sure u use a new gasket no matter what condition old one is in....spendthe extra 15bucks to get a good one and u should be golden.
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                    X