Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

apexi ws2 chambered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apexi ws2 chambered?

i recently got the apexi ws2 universal muffler... but its the turbo version 3 inch inlet .. 4 inch exit...i find that the muffler is straight through rather than a chambered design to reduce sound...it appears as if the canister works like a glasspack muffler but it has a big ass can to absorb sound pressure...
    im guessing its straight through because the turbo acts as a muffler by reducing the sound...so a chambered muffler wont be necessary
    im guessing its straight through becuase it is the turbo version i was wondering if the normal n/a version of the WS2 is chamber or straight through...

damn maybe i should have posted in the newbie section

Normal WSII is chambered. Must be different cause of that turbo thing.

^^That sounds absolutely retarded.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

it's straight through with holes along the pipe inside the canister to absorb the sound. i believe the canister is packed with fiberglass. if this is what "glass-pack" is then it is what it is. it's straight through and shouldn't affect back-pressure.

dayam 3" inlet is pretty huge.
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yeah it sounds sweet much queiter than my rice muffler...doesnt hurt my ears...i dont know if i love or hate the ws/2 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
          it's straight through with holes along the pipe inside the canister to absorb the sound. i believe the canister is packed with fiberglass. if this is what "glass-pack" is then it is what it is. it's straight through and shouldn't affect back-pressure.

dayam 3" inlet is pretty huge.
          That's what I thought...I didn't think my WS was chambered.

A year and a half later and I still love it to death.

Comment

Working...
          X