Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The H is FINALLY re-tuned. **Dyno pic inside**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by optimusprime
    i am going to get tuned in the near future with my H22. I am giong to put cam gears, VAFC2, and fuel pressure regulator. I have a DC header now but thinking of doing a 2.5" collector mod with 2.5 catback. What do you think? based on your numbers. I am not running a cat now either.

Glad to see your numbers so close to the 200 mark. I hope to be over next year with some headwork.
    it kinda depends on your motors health. ive seen stock h's make anywhere from 150's to 180's. but usually we say a stock will put 170 to the wheel. with good tuning you might hit 180, but since the motor doesnt have anything done to it, you wouldnt make alot of power from just tuning. how far did you want to go with your motor? try dropping in a set of cams before porting, if thats what you meant by headwork.

Originally posted by starchland
    I like your tuning philosophy of making the little things count.-
    thanks. i cant take all the credit though... my lack of funds helped me with my philosophy but i feel my view is accurate. too often guys talk big about all the shit they have done to their motors, and then spit out some pathetic numbers. parts arent shit without a knowledgable person to tune them... as the saying goes, its not what you have but how you use it.

Comment

great #s on your setup; everything you've done on the H22 is so well thought of and those gains are to show for it

btw, thanx for the info on where to get the VS and custom front mount.. appreciate it.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
        it kinda depends on your motors health. ive seen stock h's make anywhere from 150's to 180's. but usually we say a stock will put 170 to the wheel. with good tuning you might hit 180, but since the motor doesnt have anything done to it, you wouldnt make alot of power from just tuning. how far did you want to go with your motor? try dropping in a set of cams before porting, if thats what you meant by headwork.

thanks. i cant take all the credit though... my lack of funds helped me with my philosophy but i feel my view is accurate. too often guys talk big about all the shit they have done to their motors, and then spit out some pathetic numbers. parts arent shit without a knowledgable person to tune them... as the saying goes, its not what you have but how you use it.
        i gotta agree with you there, i hope i can get mine tuned sometime..
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang

Well as far as headwork it is going to be next year for that. But for now. Cam gears, pressure regulator, intake, exahust are my only upgrades. I will be getting tuned by aires at a shop called JDM concepts. From what i have heard he is one of the best for H22's. I was told that he got a mostly stock motor w/ fuel pressure regulator from 156hp to 184hp w/ tunning. That is pretty impressive to me. I guess I will just have to wait for my dyno to see where i am at.

Thanks dude and mad props on your ride and dyno

Comment

what header would you use?

you said you could get 210+ if you changed your header. What header would you use?
            Last edited by JDMcbCHIC; 03-15-2006, 01:54 PM.
            91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

Sick numbers bro. Congrats on the 200! I'm pushing about 120 still. I think you've inspired to run some premium through my tank

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcbCHIC
                you said you could get 210+ if you changed your header. What header would you use?
                a friend was going to make a custom header for me. it would be similar to the hytech/smsp, but without the price tag.

Comment

probably a stupid question but do you know if they'd tune a h23?
                  if so, how much?
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    probably a stupid question but do you know if they'd tune a h23?
                    if so, how much?
                    do you have a safc?

give them a call. i got it tuned at dnr in hayward.

Comment

Working...
                    X