Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hp Gains???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your thinking of selling it??? o no lol when i took my 2 subs/amp/capacitor/book bag and some other crap (142lbs worth of crap to be exact).....i noticed a very very noticable difference in pick-up. try driving around with a trunk load of groceries and then immediately drive w/o the groceries.....there is a difference...

i didn't really pay any attention to the suspension aspect when dealing with thte weight reduction. and as far as i am concerned....any lil bit helps....and yes the addative effects do add up.....especially when they work in combination with each other. a intake may get u 3-5hp and the pullies may give you 10hp so u would expect a 13-15hp gain but in reality, you may get 15-17hp. of course these numbers are not too accurate but the idea is very real. not only do the lil hp gains add up along with weight reduction but some mods reinforce and even amplify the gains!
    My members ride thread

Comment

Nicely said accordpower.
      Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

ty.....get frustrated with people that say get real parts.....90% of the time they are turboed guys lmao. they are partial IMO. but yea bolt-on's are worth it. then u can go and save up for the cam, IM, TB, headwork and such. or visa versa. and there is no such thing as the placedo effect when dealing with modifying cars. when they perform better than stock that is real life for ya. accept it. no one would ever get anywhere with "buying real parts". and it would be boring as hell to modify cars. especially now that almost EVERYONE has jumped onto the TURBO bandwagon. i used to be impressed by turbo's bc of the power that could be had but nowadays it''s just too common.

but all in all, AEM pulleys are crap. go with true Underdrive pullies.
        My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
          i used to be impressed by turbo's bc of the power that could be had but nowadays it''s just too common.

your right..why would so many people want to make more power, for less money, more efficiently, when they could EASILY spend 1000s of dollars more and make 1/4 of the power.

what are all these people thinking?

i guess its more important for some people to be unique...just like everyone else

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

not that i am against turbo, i am not, i personaly love the fact that u can get alot of power out of simply little work/money. however, nearly everyone and their grandmother has a turbo these days. and i am not all about being unique, i have a plan and i go for it.

and we already know, by all of your responses to people who want to get this product or that product, that turbo is the only way to go and anything else is a waste of time. let people go the route they wanna go....if u want to go turbo fine, u want to go N/A good, u want to stay stockish fine.

yes the money spent on the UR pulleys coudl be spent on a cam or head work or stuff like that. but whatever method people want to go about building their motor is their business. we are here to help and give advice NOT bash or declare that this is the one and only way to go, asu have so eagerly stated throughtout this board.

the UR r a great product and well worth the money spent. in the end the additive effects and other aspects of the build will work in unisen with each other and greatly complement each other. ur only as strong as your weakest link. do the pullies and then save up for some head work or something. o and def do some searching on this site because there have been more threads on this subject than u can possibly read about lol. let us know what u end up doing
            My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accordR33
              i guess its more important for some people to be unique...just like everyone else
              bwhaa, thats going in my sig.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X