Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ITB's vs Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well there has been alot posted already, and im lazy and i just dont feel like reading all of it... but for what its worth, i say go with the individuals. both setups can be reliable, but for a stock motor, i would think staying n/a would be safer.

and of course, popping your hood to see a set of itb's would be cool as shit.

as far as DD goes, i didnt notice much of a difference. im used to my car but i drove a friends with a built b20vtec/4puck/itb's, and it was fine. the only difference i noticed is it was a million times faster than my car, and it sounded fuckin awsome.

Comment

check this out

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...5DA7A825A2.htm

siiiiiiick ass accord with h22a on ITB's.. looks like he has a chargespeed grill too!

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
      My Ride

Comment

or i was thinking of swapping a h23 head onto it with dual aftermarket cams and then tune.......AND THEN ITB's AND TUNE!!!!!
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          or i was thinking of swapping a h23 head onto it with dual aftermarket cams and then tune.......AND THEN ITB's AND TUNE!!!!!
          That could work too...if you can find an H23 head. Mill it, get some Crower cams, shazaam.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            That could work too...if you can find an H23 head. Mill it, get some Crower cams, shazaam.
            yup, also p&p the manifold.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
              I say run itb's and turbo....
              was that said facetiously?

Comment

Nope, I honestly meant it bro. I'm working on an itb setup currently (it's top secret, shhh), it's proving most difficult, but will be worth it, especially with the turbo kit install.

-Kyle
                SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

what is a ITB? Interstage turbine burner? Not too good with all these performance lingo....break down will be great..and no, I dont want to search.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I say run itb's and turbo....
                    get the hell out of my head...LMAO...thats what I was thinking a WHILE ago...and I thought NOBODY else was thinking what I was thinking...

hell yeah...ITBs and TURBO..you'd have to fabricate a piece to bold or weld to the outer lips of the ITBs to act like a upper phlenum...for the turbo...that would be INSANE!!...

I was thinking about doing that MONTHS ago...OR it was just an IDEA then!

LMAO..the funny part was...I was trying to keep that idea a secret....then bust out some pics..on here..when I got that done...LMAO

thanks for the REVEAL Wiccan!!....
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                      what is a ITB? Interstage turbine burner? Not too good with all these performance lingo....break down will be great..and no, I dont want to search.

LMAO...LMAO..hahahaha...NOOOO...

ITBs are ( Individual Throttle Bodies )

kinda like 1 throttle body per cylinder ..( 4 )

VERY RESPONSIVE!!!!!

take away the intake mani..and upper phlenum...Id have to hunt around for a diagram or pic to show you EXACTLY what they look like...

LMAO
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                        LMAO...LMAO..hahahaha...NOOOO...

ITBs are ( Individual Throttle Bodies )

kinda like 1 throttle body per cylinder ..( 4 )

VERY RESPONSIVE!!!!!

take away the intake mani..and upper phlenum...Id have to hunt around for a diagram or pic to show you EXACTLY what they look like...

LMAO
                        LOL...I googled it and thats the first thing that i read....so 1 Tb for each cyclinder which gives alot mor power and torque I guess. How is this even possibel? How would that fit? I think i should just stay in the off topic and appearance section...lol
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Nope, I honestly meant it bro. I'm working on an itb setup currently (it's top secret, shhh), it's proving most difficult, but will be worth it, especially with the turbo kit install.

-Kyle
                          Yo Kyle..whenever you get the time...hit me up...because thats the route im taking... ITBs and T60 turbonetics turbo...AFTER I get a H22 and have it resleeved and stroked..and whatnot..

thats the route im taking...ITBs and TURBO..thats ALWAYS been on my mind...just been lazy.com to actually fabricate something up!

But yeah..youd have fab something to act like a upper phlenum for the inlet of the turbo pressure!!

OH SHIT...yo..don't forget..that stock radiator has to come out...and you'd have to get a HALF sized one to fit the turbo in...

AND..fab a inlet oil line to the turbo..if you plan on using that stock oil pan..

BUT Id go with a MOROSO oil pan!

more quarts because you need that oil to lube the bearings in that turbo!!!!!

im thinking maybe a 5 -5.25 quart oil pan!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                            get the hell out of my head...LMAO...thats what I was thinking a WHILE ago...and I thought NOBODY else was thinking what I was thinking...

hell yeah...ITBs and TURBO..you'd have to fabricate a piece to bold or weld to the outer lips of the ITBs to act like a upper phlenum...for the turbo...that would be INSANE!!...

I was thinking about doing that MONTHS ago...OR it was just an IDEA then!

LMAO..the funny part was...I was trying to keep that idea a secret....then bust out some pics..on here..when I got that done...LMAO

thanks for the REVEAL Wiccan!!....
                            the SR20DET GTiR motor has ITBs with turbo from the factory. you could probably use that whole intake manifold, and weld on a different flange or something.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                              LOL...I googled it and thats the first thing that i read....so 1 Tb for each cyclinder which gives alot mor power and torque I guess. How is this even possibel? How would that fit? I think i should just stay in the off topic and appearance section...lol
                              they're just little air horns that stick out where your(not sure what the top part of the mainfold is, the plenum?) well yeah they stick out where the top part of the manifold is and i guess the simplest way to put(correct me if im wrong) its like putting a little intake for each cylinder instead of having them all share one, it makes throttle response razor sharp and makes 4 cyls sound better then any v-8 i've heard. Not only that but you can use different air horns and velocity stacks to to get low end or high end power. Rev up to the next pony car you see with these and he'll shit a brick
                              But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

Originally posted by lazyAE86
                                they're just little air horns that stick out where your(not sure what the top part of the mainfold is, the plenum?) well yeah they stick out where the top part of the manifold is and i guess the simplest way to put(correct me if im wrong) its like putting a little intake for each cylinder instead of having them all share one, it makes throttle response razor sharp and makes 4 cyls sound better then any v-8 i've heard. Not only that but you can use different air horns and velocity stacks to to get low end or high end power. Rev up to the next pony car you see with these and he'll shit a brick
                                yeah..you have the right concept...they're like little intakes for each cylinder...hence the throttle bodies are SMALLER as to compared to the actual throttle body on the upper phlenum

Im guessing 36mm rather than a 44/56mm..but um..yeah..its alot more responsive to acclereation and more trq as compared to STOCK setup!

but coupled with a turbo...now you talking EXTREME DARKNESS

MR Thread:

Comment

Working...
                                X