Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowmaster

I'm going to get rid of my Magnaflow muffler, and I was thinking of getting a Flowmaster. Has anyone had one on there car, or ever heard one on a CB7?

ya,actually this is funny,my cousin has a mustang and i put his flowmaster on my old 90 coupe,and he put my skunk2 on his stang,and it sounded like shit,it was the 40 series flowmaster,and it sounds stupid,both cars sounded fucked up.dont do it.

Comment

ya but there not ment for imports really.i mean who the fuck puts a flowmaster on a cb7.....think about it,lol
      well besides me anyway.

Comment

oh cool.still i think when i here "flowmaster" i think of stangs,and t-birds and shit.but cool.

Comment

most people say the same thing about glass packs, but its what i have, and it sounds sweet. deep and throaty, never high pitched, i love it. for 15 bucks, it was a hell of a deal.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Up Until Recently I had a glasspack on my car, now I have a flowmaster 60 series (I got a 272 grind, making the car horribly loud and obnoxious with a glasspack) and I don't want to say the 60 made it exactly more quiet, but it totally changed the tone, completely put a stop to any rasp experienced with a straight through setup. It makes a pretty cool harmonic sound at high speed high rpm as well, around 90mph it makes a sound almost like it's singing.

Hard to describe, but definately worth it if your car produces a lot of noise and you want it to sound more mellow and mean.

Just a warning though, until they warm up flowmaster baffles make a horrible rattling sound.
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            Shortram Intake
            Matrix Coilovers
            Front + Rear Strut Braces
            Custom 2.25 Exhaust
            Flowmaster 60 Series Muffler
            Delta 272 Regrind
            Slammed, Stripped, And Loud

Comment

Do you have your flowmaster on an exhaust with a test pipe? I have a test pipe and straight through muffler and it gets really raspy. I would kind of like to change mufflers if it would help any of that out.

Comment

I Have A High Flow Cat On 2.25 Inch Pipe W/O A Resonator, The Flowmaster Cuts Down On The Rasp, It Makes It Into A Different Sound, I Figure High Flow Cat + Camshaft It's Probobly Just As Loud As A Straight Pipe, The Flowmaster Definatly Cuts Down On The Rasp, It Still Pops And the Baffles Rattle When It's Cold, But It's Nowhere Near As Bad As The Bee In A Can Sound.
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                Shortram Intake
                Matrix Coilovers
                Custom 2.25 Exhaust
                Delta 272 Regrind

Comment

Well figure I have a gude camshaft, cold air intake, and headers on top of my straight exhaust lol. My car is so fucking loud right now it's crazy. I don't mind it being loud I would just like a deeper tone.

Comment

If I Were You I'd Pull A Bubb Rubb And Trip Out The Flows Then. It Sounds A LOT Better Than A Straight Through Exhaust, And With A Camshaft People Will Hear You Rev And Give You Bizzare WTF WAS THAT Looks.

For Instance, My Car's Cam Lope Produces An 'I'm About To Explode' Sound Because Of The Flowmaster Growl. It's Hard To Describe, I'll See If My Friend And I Can Get Some Soundclips Later.
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    Shortram Intake
                    Matrix Coilovers
                    Custom 2.25 Exhaust
                    Delta 272 Regrind

Comment

Well my car doesn't sound too good just driving around, but whenever I'm racing it sounds pretty nice. I even get compliments from the domestic guys on how it sounds.

Comment

ive had a 40 series muffler on my car when i first got it. it is loud if you have the 2 1/2 piping but you get a drone inside the car which i dint like at all
                        cb7 sold
                        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

OK, I got my exhaust re done, this is my set-up... Chikara header, 12" glasspack to replace the resonator,Flowmaster 60series muffler with all 2.25" pipe. The problem is ever since I got the car it makes a tin can sound when it gets around 2or3000 rpms. It sounds fine when I'm just crusing easy, but as soon as I go a little quicker it sounds like crap. I've had ever thing from all stock exhaust to header straight to the muffler. Nothing seems to kepp that noise away, has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it. Now I'm thinking it may be something to do with the motor internals, which by the way is a F22A6, automatic. ???????

Comment

I know what you are talking about. I have had the same problem with my exhaust since I took out the catalytic converter.

Comment

u sure its the exhaust and not the heat shield? thats moving and making that tin sound at 2-3k? my third gen has that problem.. im just lazy to remove it..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X