Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Magnaflow Catback 15687

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnaflow Catback 15687

Well, I had to jump in cause I need your feedback on mods for my 92 Accord EX Coupe 5 spd F22-A6. NO pics, as car is still under snow. It is not my main transportation during the winter. I love my Honda, In fact I have two. My other is a 91 LX. I am hoping that I can use your expertise in many areas I have two problems. But this post is about the exhaust system. My exhaust is roting out and I wanted to replace the catback system mostly for more HP. I don't want attention by any law enforcement. A little more noise than stock is what I was looking fer. The Apexi WS system came highly reccommened to me from someone on this list. I went searching for the best price for about a month, when I stumbled on a Magnaflow Catback #15687 for $285.00. It has not arrived yet. But what I wanted to know, Is there anyone on this list that has this exact same catback system on their accord and is it loud? Are you happy with it? I know that I should have asked BEFORE I purchased it. Thanks for ANY replies.

TBILL
    TBILL
    92 Accord EX Coupe
    CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
    CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Wow, thanks for the pics! Your old exhaust looks simular to mine--holy How far did you drive this morning with your new exhaust? Is it noisy @ highway speeds? How much louder than stock (without the holes)? By any chance do you have a sound clip??????

TBILL
    TBILL
    92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

I hope the exhuast is great for both of you guys. I am planning on getting one myself. Maybe a dual exhaust.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I've had mine for about 4 or 5 months now, installed it myself (super easy), and I love it. Not loud at all and very discrete looking.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1981

I had another post but I can't find it.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Read where it starts talking about The Muffler. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/t...art2/index.html

This is from SCC:
          "a typical stock muffler must have an intricate and labyrinth-like internal flow path to help slow and cool the hot vibrating exhaust gas. It contains baffles that cause the exhaust flow to reverse direction and intermix. These are great for reducing noise but are not so great for having good power-unleashing flow."

"A good, properly sized, perforated-core, straight-through muffler will add only about 1 to 2 psi of backpressure to your exhaust system. Mufflers like the Walker Ultra Flow, Thermal, A'PEX, Borla, Edelbrock or Magna Flow are examples of a good, low backpressure mufflers with an absorption design. Many premade exhausts like A'PEX, Tanabe, GReddy or HKS are also of the free-flowing absorption design."

Report this post to a

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
          JDM H22
          Port n Polished Int Mani
          Bored TB, maxed
          MSD 6A
          I/H/E
          no cat
          [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Well it finally arrived yesterday. It is all SS. I made arrangements with a local muff shop to do the install. I'm glad I did, cause the front hook/support was about an 1" off. They adjusted it and the rest fit like a glove. They said for aftermarket they were impressed at the fit. I was a little nervous about how much noise it was gonna make. But it was quiet!. I little deeper and throatier than stock. But NOT loud. In fact, I love it. I'm gonna test it later at high speed.

I picked mine up at http://www.performancepeddler.com Excellent customer service. Contact Brad @ 1-866-399-4215 He gave me a good price. But pricing does change some.

I also kept the old "holy" system in case I sell or want to put this on another car.
            TBILL
            92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

Well now that I've driven it fast & hard. OK, so I only went to 85mph cause there were too many state troupers out there. Without being able to give a sample sound bite. Here is a more descriptive response. Basically driving around town and while @ speed the sound is close to being OE. The deeper throatier sound comes when you acelerate. When getting on the highway you will hear that deep throat noise. It all depends on to what degree you give it gas. Once up to speed, it is very quiet. So it is up to the driver. My goal was to achive better effientcy and keeping it quiet. So for me this Magnaflow catback works. I might have enjoyed the Apexi system more because it is prob quieter. As far as HP gains....there was a definite noticeable deference but i am unable to obtain how much. Magnaflow says 7.5 more hp with 8. in torque. Everyone that has heard it hear locally like it including the muff shop that installed it for me. The muff shop said it was one of the quiter aftermarket systems they have installed on a Honda. Do you that have this on your cb7 agree with this?
              TBILL
              92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

sweet

yep, got the magnaflow exhaust on now. plus io had to go out and buy a new header (dc sports) because bolts broke and couldnt re-tap them. but anyways. its sounds great and i noticed amazingly, a very big difference in power. i love it. the exhuast is amazingly quiet and not annoying. ill recommend this company to anyone just because they seemed to make a very well made product. im def. a fan now.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Hmmmm...I think I might have to go with this exhaust based on what you guys are saying. My stocks exhaust rattles like none other when the car is cold. I think it is the baffleing inside the muffler or something.

But I think I am going to go with that exhaust. Thanks for posting your experience with it

Comment

Does it sound anything like this?

http://www.a-1performance.com/sounds/track19.wav

Comment

that sound file ya gave me. sounds vary similiar. possibly a lil quieter in sound.. not for sure cuz i only have a good 3 days on the exhuast and as days goes by it changes a lil in tone. either way i think its sounds perfect. id say go for it!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Nice, thanks for the reply. I am going to look around and see how much I can pick it up for

Comment

380 here, thats the end total with shipping included.
                          http://shop.store.yahoo.com/exhaustpros/

should be easy to put on yourself if the cat bolts arent rusted in. everything lines up perfect. just make sure you have those rubber exhuast holders. i bought new ones cuz mine were like demolised. good luck with it man!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                            380 here, thats the end total with shipping included.
                            http://shop.store.yahoo.com/exhaustpros/

should be easy to put on yourself if the cat bolts arent rusted in. everything lines up perfect. just make sure you have those rubber exhuast holders. i bought new ones cuz mine were like demolised. good luck with it man!
                            Wow $380? I only paid $320 delivered to my door. (see previous post on this thread). I went ahead and paid thirty something to have a local muff shop install so I could have my old exhaust put back on if needed. In the process, the front hook on the resonator was off by about an inch. They adjusted. The rest fit perfect. Don't know if engine or body style makes a difference. I have the F22A6 motor in a coupe model.
                            Last edited by TBILL; 04-20-2004, 03:14 PM.
                            TBILL
                            92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
                              Does it sound anything like this?

http://www.a-1performance.com/sounds/track19.wav
                              The sound is not the same, but and or however very simular. It is very appealing under acceleration. Makes me want to have a lead foot just to listen to the exhaust. With this said, it is also quiet driving around town or any steady speed. You will notice an HP gain. With a K&N and this exhaust, I am getting 29-31MPG with approx 50/50 driving. That's up 2mpg Previous was 27-29mpg. Or going by averages. 30 vs 28mpg. Now I need to fix my 18mpg in my 91. Need more time and some $$$
                              TBILL
                              92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

Working...
                              X