Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header and O2 question for a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header and O2 question for a noob

Got a header of eBay and the O2 sensor is on the header pic is included below...my question is what's going to happen CEL, gas mileage, etc. if I don't use it also....can I get an extension wire for the O2 and where? The factory location on a 93 EX is on the downpipe near the flex pipe isn't it?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cotton...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks I am a noobie to the mod world...
    Eric
    www.myspace.com/cb7tuner06

Painted but still "Under Construction"

is that o2 sensor hole plugged like it looks in the picture? if so you should be able to just leave it alone and keep the 02 sensor in the stock location

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

The downpipe has not O2 hole...what to do?
      Eric

Comment

suggestions??

Anyone???
        Eric

Comment

you can buy an O2 bung, have a muffler shop weld it onto the factory location of the downpipe; shouldn't be more than $30-40.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Found a local hotrod shop and will see if they can do it for me...Thanks for the 411...
            Last edited by project93accord; 02-12-2006, 06:58 PM.
            Eric

Comment

Originally posted by project93accord
              Where can you get an O2 bung? Any suggestions?
              a local muffler shop should have them or www.kteller.com
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

If the header that you bought dosent have the bung on the downpipe you can put the o2 sensor on the top portion. All you are going to have to do is extend the wires on the o2 harness from under the engine to the front of the engine. Not hard to do at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  If the header that you bought dosent have the bung on the downpipe you can put the o2 sensor on the top portion. All you are going to have to do is extend the wires on the o2 harness from under the engine to the front of the engine. Not hard to do at all.
                  It will read correctly still? and not throw a code and kick the CEL on??
                  Eric

Comment

if you extend the wires properly and dont cross the wires it wont throw a code.

Comment

aiight thanks....so I could extend wire or weld in a bung...thanks guyz...been on another forum and was getting no help all day...
                      Eric

Comment

Originally posted by project93accord
                        aiight thanks....so I could extend wire or weld in a bung...thanks guyz...been on another forum and was getting no help all day...
                        n/p. either any of the above methods mentioned will work just fine. i'm just a meticulous mofo(according to Wikked ) so welding the bung keeps the O2 in the factory location, and that you don't see the O2 sticking out on the primary runners of the header.
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                          n/p. either any of the above methods mentioned will work just fine. i'm just a meticulous mofo(according to Wikked ) so welding the bung keeps the O2 in the factory location, and that you don't see the O2 sticking out on the primary runners of the header.

gonna call the street shop in the morning and order as well..unless he has them in stock... again MANY thanks!!!
                          Eric

Comment

getting the bung installed for $25 total
                            Eric

Comment

thats not ab ad price

Comment

Working...