Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

FPR tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPR tuning?

ok for anyone following my nitrous thread, this will be repetitive, but i need to get some broader impact...

I just got the car running yesterday, new walbro 255 fuel pump installed( don't even bother on your car if it has over 100k on it, at least not in our rust belt)
    i broke all 3 of the lines going to the tank, and replaced them with rubber fuel hoses, and just barbed the lines. dealer cost for just one of the 3 lines i broke was $130, thats a 12 inch line or so, so i did them myself.
    so after the second time i dropped the tank, all the lines are repaired, and the fuel pump is working.

now i've got another problem..
    fuel pressure reg has been giving me a few issues. i've gotta be honest i don't know how to tune it, but it didn't come with instructions besides which is input/output.
    it's an ebay billet FPR
    does turning the adjustment in restrict, or allow more fuel?
    and how should i go about tuning the FPR for use with the car.
    Fuel pressure is reading like 50-60psi on the gauge, regardless of where i turn the screw, seems pretty high to me.

i went out and drove the car today (first time in a year and a half ), and when i got on it, the fuel cut off around 5500, and there was really no power in higher RPMs, so i brought it back to the garage, turned the FPR in a couple turns, and now the fuel shuts off around like 4k, but it runs good under 4k, good power in midrange 2-3k. so my guess is i'm having a fuel delivery problem, not enough fuel. might be the FPR i dunno. also, i did a timing belt before i put the engine in the car, so there's a possibility that the timing is off, but seems to me, that if it was off by a full tooth it wouldn't run good at all.

i need to get the car running good under normal circumstances, then i'm putting the nitrous in!

anyone know about these FPRs, and what i have to do to tune it correctly?
    The CB7 Timeline
Working...
X