Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

which is faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is faster?

ive heard so many things about the h22 with our f20 tranny sum say its faster becuz of lower gears or w/e......but i also heard that its betta to keep the h22 tranny...........can sum-1 put this to rest for me? (and yes i did use the search first):

Well it depends on what you mean by faster. Lower gears will have a higher top end and not as much acceleration, and higher gears will have better acceleration and less top end. Unless you are making a lot of power then the higher gears are going to be better for you overall. The h22 is geared higher than the f22 and I think the h23 tranny is in between them. I'm not sure about the f20 though ... maybe someone else knows about that one.

Comment

well i dont know about the f20, but i wouldnt even consider it. the motor is more expensive and harder to find. i would assume the tranny would be the same deal. as far as the f/h22 thing goes, keep the h22 tranny when you get the swap. i guess i cant speak for anyone else, but if i do any racing it would be between 0-100ish, and the h22 tranny is great for that. the only problem of course would be 5th... but i knew when i started this i threw economy out the window.

Comment

The H22 tranny is best suited for NA applications. If you're running FI the F-series tranny is a better match because it allows the turbo to spool.

Comment

werd

Comment

are us and jdm h22 trannys geared differently?

Comment

Oh yeah I just noticed I kind of put that backwards .... oh well still had the right idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                are us and jdm h22 trannys geared differently?
                They may be geared slightly differently but I doubt you would notice.

Comment

hmm mine does but not as much probably cause its a quaife.

Comment

Do they make H22a Automatic trannys?
                    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

OMFG !

Comment

Working...
                      X