Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

newbie::header install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie::header install question

Hey all, great site. Upfront I want to say i did do a search but could not find an answer! I have a 92 coupe and just bought a header kit on ebay. Plan on installing it this weekend. Is there anything I should know before I dig in to this? Does anything have to be moved or is it just unbolt and remove kinda thing. I've done headers on my mustang and that was a bitch!! Just seeing if anyone had any tips. Thanks!

Short

First of all, welcome to the site!

If you have an EX, the header should bolt right in without moving anything. But if you have an LX or a DX, plan on extendng the O2 sensor wires to the rear of the motor. Headers usually hav ethe O2 sensor on the rear part of the downpipe and LX/DX Accords have it on the primary tube at the front of the motor. Other than that, I don't see any problems.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I don't know if it's an lx or dx, what's the difference? Anyways there is a spot on the front of the header and on the back of the downpipe for the o2. I was wondering what that extra hole was for Thanks again!

Short

Comment

Its the traditional remove and isntall, and make sure you use tons of wd40 let it sit. Your new header most likely has 2 bungs for different model accords, just plug one up and install the 02 sensor in the other. When I did my header, I just ended up choppping the stock manifold right where it bends near the oil pan, another thing is the 02 sensor, if its been in there awhile it will be a bitch, make sure you have a grinder and get creative installing those bolts.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          Its the traditional remove and isntall, and make sure you use tons of wd40 let it sit. Your new header most likely has 2 bungs for different model accords, just plug one up and install the 02 sensor in the other. When I did my header, I just ended up choppping the stock manifold right where it bends near the oil pan, another thing is the 02 sensor, if its been in there awhile it will be a bitch, make sure you have a grinder and get creative installing those bolts.
          I used a long piece of PVC pipe as a breaker bar to get the O2 sensor out when I helped on a header install on my friend's gf's CB. The scary thing was the PVC breaker bar broke the drop forged wrench.

I'm not really that strong?

Comment

Well, I installed it yesterday..It wasn't too bad. I ended up taking the whole exhaust off except the muffler cause I had to grind all the bolts off on the cat and didn't have much room under the car. I spent 3.5 hours grinding and drilling that damn thing due to not having a proper drill and bits! I was tempted to leave the cat out a week since I have a new one coming in the mail soon, but I wanted it to be quiet already. Been driving around for 3 months with the flex pipe broken clean in half. Oh well when I do get the cat it'll be just a matter of droppin the old one and boltin the new one in.
            Thanks again!!

Short

Comment

Working...
            X