Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Field's VTEC controller problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field's VTEC controller problems

I just installed a Field's Boxer series VTEC controller on my H22A w/ p13 ECU and am having a few problems with it. When the Unit is not plugged in the car runs like shit and I get a CEL the weird thing is I get codes 06,10,20,21,22 which 21&22 aren't codes. I got these codes before right after I had the car running and was having TPS problems also. I reset the ECU and checked immediately afterwards without running the car and I still am getting a code 22.

When the unit is plugged in and off the car runs perfectly fine however when the unit is on and all settings are set to stock settings I redline at 6500. There is a setting for a buzzer. In the paperwork I found online that is all this function is for however wherever I set that buzzer is where VTEC will disengage and no buzzer comes on.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Do you think I recieved a faulty ECU with my motor. The car has always ran fine and I have had no problems out of it after all the faulty sensors were replaced. I know it says if it throws any codes other than the ones listed to replace the ECU but do you guys think this is necessary?

Member's Ride

mite have a bad VTEC controller not the ECU did it com with a jumper harness or did you have to tap the wires yourself

Comment

tapped the wires myself.....I Was concerned it was the ECU because before the controller was installed the ECU threw codes 21 and 22 about three weeks ago....

Member's Ride

Comment

cheack your VTEC wiring very good from start to finish ass in from the ECU to the VTEC pump etc...

Comment

dude it's ur wirng
          i don't have a fields vtec but i have vafc1 i ran into the same prob as u it's the wiring some wires u can tap into and some wires u have 2 cut in 2 and send one wire 2 the ecu and another wire away from the wire that u cut in 2 and those wire will mainly be the vtec signal and map sensor

if it's a solid line from the directions u can tap into it

if its not a solid line u have 2 cut the wire in 2 and send blue wire 2 ecu and yellow wire away from ecu

that was an example

H23vtec
          Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Working...
          X