Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Engine management system for Macintosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine management system for Macintosh?

ok, i'm thinking of getting an aftermarket fuel management system, like EMS or something similiar, but my only laptop is a mac. Does anyone know of a system like this that will work with a mac??
    The CB7 Timeline

Megasquirt works with Macs I believe...Macs are the shit bytheway...

Check out Megasquirt online...their EMS is amazing, albeit a bit tricky to install, but well worth all the hassle...there are legions of fans using this...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

I have been pondering this question myself. I am going to buy a mac in the near future, and I was hoping something like Crome or Uberdata was compatable with a mac. Maybe MRX will chime in.
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Good question. Did a quick search on http://forum.pgmfi.org/ and i've come across just one guy that uses a virtual pc of some sort, some conscrewed version of XP, and has gotten an ems to work but he says its alot better and hassle free to just buy a cheap laptop for like $100-200. He eventually gave up and borrowed his roommates laptop.

You guys are welcome to search on pgmfi tho. Maybe you'll find somethin i overlooked...i only searched for like 3mins.
        Last edited by MRX; 01-25-2006, 04:03 PM.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I have virtual PC, unless you have pretty much the highest end powerbook, it's not really worth it. i have a 1.5ghz ibook, and it will run, but it's kinda a hassle, he's right.
          The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            Good question. Did a quick search on http://forum.pgmfi.org/ and i've come across just one guy that uses a virtual pc of some sort, some conscrewed version of XP, and has gotten an ems to work but he says its alot better and hassle free to just buy a cheap laptop for like $100-200. He eventually gave up and borrowed his roommates laptop.

You guys are welcome to search on pgmfi tho. Maybe you'll find somethin i overlooked...i only searched for like 3mins.

I figured that would be the case.
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

uberdata is pretty much dead. Blake (the guy who wrote uber) disapeared and will not release the source code (which is pretty ghey considering its free anyway). if he would release the souce, porting it to Unix (mac, linux, etc) would be fairly easy. unfortuantly, uberdata 1.7 looks like its goign to be the "final release"

your best bet to get Uber to work on a mac is to get a program called "VMWare", install it on your mac, install windows (even win98 will work) and use uberdata that way.

VMware is not free, so you may have to crack it

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Did you look up Chrome? they have EMS...i dont know if would work with MACs though...

What happened to Blake from Uber?

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                  Did you look up Chrome? they have EMS...i dont know if would work with MACs though...

What happened to Blake from Uber?
                  he basicly up and left, took his code and said screw you honda community

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i have a 1.33 powerbook with 768mb ram and VirtualPC(win2k) works just fine. I will admit when i had 256mb ram it hardly ran! ram is everything
                    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                      Crome IS an EMS.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        he basicly up and left, took his code and said screw you honda community

Well isin't that super fucking ghey.
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

heh....thought u were gonna say uber fucking ghey for a second there

Comment

Working...
                          X