Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Do i need an ECU??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i need an ECU??

Hey guys im curious.. Im currently have a Stock Throttle body and cam that im about to send in to get Bored and regrinded... so... my plan is...

I am getting the 272 and a AEM cam gear.. then i am getting the throttle body and a cold air intake.. I allrady have the whole Exhaust system the way i want and that was my first step... i was wndering to get maximum performance should i get new Injectors and ECU???... also should i get the Unorthadox Racing Pully for it to??... Let me know guys..
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

i would say get some fule delievery parts like a rail and injectors. u are going to get more air so you will need more fuel. i dont really know about the ecus tho.

Comment

Originally posted by accord"R"
      i would say get some fule delievery parts like a rail and injectors. u are going to get more air so you will need more fuel. i dont really know about the ecus tho.

Ok so would a AEM Fuel rail and some 345cc H22 injectors be a good setup along with the rest??

CG Coupe!

Comment

personally I dont think you need the injectors. Right now I'm running f22 injectors until I get unlazy and swap the h22 injectors in. Doesn't seem to lean out or do anything weird even at 8500 rpms. But its a good thing to swap out anyways. Oh and reset the ecu after the cam swap.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
          personally I dont think you need the injectors. Right now I'm running f22 injectors until I get unlazy and swap the h22 injectors in. Doesn't seem to lean out or do anything weird even at 8500 rpms. But its a good thing to swap out anyways. Oh and reset the ecu after the cam swap.

Should i get a chipped ECU??...

CG Coupe!

Comment

Getting one is up to you. The last guy with a similar setup to yours i sold an ecu to had some pretty good success with it. You won't need injectors tho, the stock one will hold fine till you decide to up the compression.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36385
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
            X