Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

To BOost or To Swap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To BOost or To Swap

For about a week now i've been searching asking friends and asking peps that i know wit Boosted cars, Swaps, and Build ups.

A.BUild my F22a6 up such as internals and full motor rebuild
    B.Add a Turbo and full Motor rebuild
    C.H22a swap
    Rebuild
    0.00%
    BooSt
    54.55%
    Swap
    45.45%
    Last edited by stealthdaybe; 01-03-2006, 01:22 AM.

Thats not oil burning its just Vtec dust

www.myspace.com/disbig

Originally posted by stealthdaybe
    For about a week now i've been searching asking friends and asking peps that i know wit Boosted cars, Swaps, and Build ups.

A.BUild my F22a6 up such as internals and full motor rebuild
    B.Add a Boost and full Motor rebuild
    C.H22a swap
    My suggestion would be to spend more than a week deciding which way you want to build you car. There is no such thing as adding "a boost," I think you mean boosting it, which involves the use of a power adder, such as a turbo.

The best thing you can do is read, research, read and read more. There is a wealth of info on this site about all three options you have listed there. Visit the Preformance Tech section as well as the Swaps section for answers to many of your questions, and as always, the search function is wonderful on this site.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
      My suggestion would be to spend more than a week deciding which way you want to build you car. There is no such thing as adding "a boost," I think you mean boosting it, which involves the use of a power adder, such as a turbo.

The best thing you can do is read, research, read and read more. There is a wealth of info on this site about all three options you have listed there. Visit the Preformance Tech section as well as the Swaps section for answers to many of your questions, and as always, the search function is wonderful on this site.
      a Turbo man , i mean not to sound like a ass but damn dude Boost=Turbo read between the lines Boost aka usage of Slang terms such as Lude=PreLude
      Ack=Acura etc...

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

a Turbo man , i mean not to sound like a ass but damn dude Boost=Turbo read between the lines Boost aka usage of Slang terms such as Lude=PreLude
        Ack=Acura etc...
        I understand the use of slang words, however, they make you sound like you don't know what your talking about when used out of context.

Again, if you reference the sections I mentioned or used the search function (because this topic has been covered only 1.2 billion times) I'm sure you can come to a conclusion on your own. If you have specific questions, then this would be the place to ask them.

Good luck
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
          I understand the use of slang words, however, they make you sound like you don't know what your talking about when used out of context.

Again, if you reference the sections I mentioned or used the search function (because this topic has been covered only 1.2 billion times) I'm sure you can come to a conclusion on your own. If you have specific questions, then this would be the place to ask them.

Good luck
          Aight no Hard feelings just been having a hard time[getting no respect cuz im a new user of the site] wit tha site nothing against You.

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

Aight no Hard feelings just been having a hard time[getting no respect cuz im a new user of the site] wit tha site nothing against You.
            I wasn't trying to sound like an ass to you, I was just trying to help you out in the right direction. Everybody else on this site is going to say the same thing to you about searching, and they are very right!

And just because I'm a nice guy I'll help you out in the right direction..
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37355
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37294
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I mean not to sound like an ass or anything but you know how many times it's asked to boost or h22? I see one atleast 2 times a week, just search next time. But my suggestion is to go N/A, get the h22.

Comment

swap then boost.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

i swap and bost but maske sure you have the funds just stay for whatever in your budget that you can handle without going overboard

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    i swap and bost but maske sure you have the funds just stay for whatever in your budget that you can handle without going overboard
                    YEa basicly, is what all the questions for Boost or Swap is for.
                    The budget Factor cuz i most likely would have to get a Loan to do either but i got friends that could help out getting info on parts sum have what i need such as i have this friend wit 4 integras and 3 preludes. 2 integras wit boost . but he really isn't trying to come off wit one of those h22A'S LOL.
                    I COULD get a h22a but not all is possible traits, what i mean is that i can get one from a friend of a friend but part and workability isn't promised like one is if i order off the Internet. So like i said it's a budget factor or i could save up but i want it NOW NOW nOW.

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

[getting no respect cuz im a new user of the site] .
                      get use to it, some people will never give you respect here. They think they know all and cannot be wrong.

Sorry for OT, but boost. especially if you intend on building before hand.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

as much as iknow the feeling of antisipation...u should really "wait" longer befor u make a choice ive been debating this same subject (everyone has) for probleby almost a year now...do shit load of research or u gona start sumtin and change ur mind half way threw

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

i say boost personally....but the key word is personal....its yer decision dude...dont let us make it for you.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB14
                            i say boost personally....but the key word is personal....its yer decision dude...dont let us make it for you.
                            actually which is cheaper or the three
                            REbuild BOost Swap
                            which is less maintance
                            and which will benifit me the most over all :bomb:

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

itll end up being around the same, depending on how much "building" you plan on doing to the motor. Only difference is the turbo will be making more power then the h22
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X