Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Engine Ground Wire kit writeup -pics-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Ground Wire kit writeup -pics-

i see there are multiple threads on how the ground kit..how much it is..what it does it do how does it work...i went ahead and bought one and installed it... and found it to well worth the money. I think i paid about 23 bucks for this U.S. currency..

----- it says its a "hks" but its actually bootleg!... as you may have noticed with a lot of ebay products..but there functionality ie CAI..shortram..exhaust..do the same things as the more expensive items with 'namebrands'

------this design is called the hks round the earth model. As you can see the top is round..connects to your negative terminal and branches off to other parts of the engine..the places you want to connect the wire are to 1) close to the alternator 2) valve cover 3)headlight 4)throttle body 5)frame of vehicle x 2 ....make sure you tighten down everything on the round earth peice on the negative terminal because you dont want to create any shorts..
    if the wire in your kit doesnt fully reach..get as close as possible

--------what this does is centralize the ground points and thefore creates a better ground to the entire vehicle...letting electricity flow through your wires better and letting your car produce at peak performance.. i still dont really understand the concept myself but i have noticed a change in my vehicle..as only a cb7 tuner can notice...

-------the changes i have noticed:
    1) well i have autostart...and when i start my car up in the morning..i hear my car stutter...why?..probably not getting a good initial spark...when i grounded it..my car starts like a charm with no problem with no stutter
    2) better throttle response..when i give it some gas
    3) higher end HP... i notice my car can get to 125 mph a lil bit easier f22a6 > * meaning f22a6 owns you!!!
    4) i think my mpg may have gone up slightly about 1 more mile / gallon

------the install took about 30 min'z to do... the only hard part was putting it on the negative terminal ...cuz i had some other stuff i couldnt get off...
    ...only someone who listens to there car everyday would feel...my engine felt more powerful after install..i had it installed incorrectly for a day..and my car felt weak....make sure you read below and dont allow it to short circuit by having gaps between the terminal adaptor and the peice that goes over the negative terminal..cuz if a spark jumps <short circuit> your car wont start..

***caution make sure you install it correctly tighen all the bolts down!...if you leave a gap whenever you try to start your car it will short circuit until you get rid of any gap between the negative terminal and the round the earth piece.....also make sure your ground wire near your alternator is not touching your header...cuz its gonna melt...common sense people***
    yeah it doesn match the yellow top or the spark plug wires...but people cant see that on the outside...
    [IMG]
    next write up ...vortex!!!!..................................... sike!!! lol'z

looks good i found that my kit gave pretty good results also. although IMO i don't like the way the wires look branching off of the terminal like that, so i used separate wires to ground everything. does that same thing, except it gets the look that i like

Comment

nice bro, gonna be gettin one soon as well, yellow and blue looks good together, could have maybe routed the wires cleaner if you liked but doesnt really matter
      rollin on em twankiez

Comment

now thats alotta goddamn wores homey

Comment

fire hazard?

Comment

decent upgrade, but that particular kit makes the engine bay look really sloppy.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

block?? tranny??
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Grounding things is nice, but that looks slopy and does not ground everything anyway. Plus the wire on your header is going to melt. Might want to go move that. Nice looking wires though.

1.5328 out of 5 for effort

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

didnt u go out racing after u got it, did u look under the hood yet? lol might have a neon blue header
                  rollin on em twankiez

Comment

lol comon guys leave him alone hes trying. but uhhh just be careful with the ride and check under the hood often try to clean it up a lil more and make it more representable.

Comment

nice write up, but i couldn't deal with the wires going everywhere like spaghetti. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Decent write up and pics, but I just can't stand how you're using the term 'short circuit' completely wrong. When warning people to be sure you have a tight connection at the negative battery terminal, you are warning them against arcing, not shorting. Shorting is what would happen if you decided to be an absolute dumbass and connect one of those wires to the positive terminal.

x2 what HondaFan81 said, as well.

Also, the reason properly installed ground wire kits work, is because you're improving the ground connection of the various electrical components on your car. On stock accords, there are only a few ground points and they aren't very substantial, IMO. All over the car there are relays, switches, sensors, etc that use the chassis or some piece of metal on the engine someplace (I/M, block, tranny, head, etc.) as a ground connection. Because of the less-than-great stock setup, there is a decent amount of room for improvement.

Otherwise, good job.

Feel free to include any of this in your writeup.
                        Last edited by Dirty Harry; 01-03-2006, 03:48 PM.

Comment

In other words just fix it up and make it look a little neater than that

Comment

- Lets see this is my first write up...and the kit was not for the purpose of pretty dress up my engine...the purpose of the kit is too ground my engine...
                            I can see the point of view given by primo and type G because they like to make there engines look pretty..but this was a down n dirty install...for the purpose of seeing what it would do....i have respect for you 2 because primo has the cleanest h22 install...and Type G is all on that polish shit.(G your right it does look like sphagetti and an octupus)..propz
                            but this was just an install for the newbiez...which i am myself......who ask questions regarding how its installed..does it give gaines??..etc... yeah h22 sparkz i should have made it a liil prettier but thats not my main concern

- zip creature obviously you like pretty pictures better than reading..so ill post another pic for you... look there is a gap between the header and the ground wire... damn i know you dont know me but give me some credit or read what i put on the thread about melting wire. thanks for the 1 for effort

thanks cipher for elaborating on the difference between short circiut and arcing...i know that short circuit means take the path of least resistance..so im guessing arcing means..when the spark jumps but in essence this is really the same thing as short circuit..because its taking the "shorter" route..hence short circuit...but i guess when it jumps from point A to point B its called "arcing"..ill read more on it laterz...
                            i hope this thread helpz some of you guyz out who have questions..on if there was any gain... etc...yeah you can go for more prettier kits..skyz the limitz peepz...out.
                            Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                              block?? tranny??
                              f22a6 auto gettin swap soon this year

Comment

Working...
                              X