Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to use seafoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i wasted 10 bucks for seafoam.

even after reading this i have no fucking clue how to use the stuff!

so i can just pour half the bottle into my gas tank?

do i drive it that way?

how much gas should i have when i do that?
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
      well i wasted 10 bucks for seafoam.

even after reading this i have no fucking clue how to use the stuff!

so i can just pour half the bottle into my gas tank?

do i drive it that way?

how much gas should i have when i do that?
      multiple ways to do it..

one way to do it is to put it into a spray bottle .. take off ur intake tube, and spray it directly into ur throttle. and as u get to the end of the bottle spray it like craaazy till the car siezes.

another way, they way i did it, was to remove the brake booster line (hose behind the brake master cylinder area, should be connected to another hose by a grey plastic connecter thing). Then use the suction from the line to suck in the seafoam. but before hand i sliced a water bottle in half cleaned it out and dried it, and poured the seafoam into it .. and slowly let it suck in. as the cut water bottle got empty i just re-filled it and let it suck it up again. and before i was gonna run out of seafoam i just submerged the hose into the seafoam until the engine seized.

oh yeh...before i put the seafoam in throttle body/brake booster line, i made sure to leave a little more then 1/3 of the bottle so i can put it into my fuel.

ok so now that the car has seized, i got in to the car and removed my keys, and then let my car sit for about 10 minutes. Of course i reconnected my booster lines... then turned on my car and rev'd the car like crazy .. i probably sat there and reved the car for about 20-30 minutes until the smoke went away. after the smoking stopped.. i washed my car and waxed it and everything .. then i threw in the rest of the seafoam into my Half-tank.. drove to the gas station and put another 10bucks. then i drove that tank for the next few days till my gas light came on then filled her up. the end.
      -:¦:-
      Originally posted by wed3k
      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
        multiple ways to do it..

one way to do it is to put it into a spray bottle .. take off ur intake tube, and spray it directly into ur throttle. and as u get to the end of the bottle spray it like craaazy till the car siezes.

another way, they way i did it, was to remove the brake booster line (hose behind the brake master cylinder area, should be connected to another hose by a grey plastic connecter thing). Then use the suction from the line to suck in the seafoam. but before hand i sliced a water bottle in half cleaned it out and dried it, and poured the seafoam into it .. and slowly let it suck in. as the cut water bottle got empty i just re-filled it and let it suck it up again. and before i was gonna run out of seafoam i just submerged the hose into the seafoam until the engine seized.

oh yeh...before i put the seafoam in throttle body/brake booster line, i made sure to leave a little more then 1/3 of the bottle so i can put it into my fuel.

ok so now that the car has seized, i got in to the car and removed my keys, and then let my car sit for about 10 minutes. Of course i reconnected my booster lines... then turned on my car and rev'd the car like crazy .. i probably sat there and reved the car for about 20-30 minutes until the smoke went away. after the smoking stopped.. i washed my car and waxed it and everything .. then i threw in the rest of the seafoam into my Half-tank.. drove to the gas station and put another 10bucks. then i drove that tank for the next few days till my gas light came on then filled her up. the end.

MUCH better.

thanks man!
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

remmeber to change your oil, plugs, filter and o2 sensor because that carbon exiting the engine will stick on something on its way out.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            remmeber to change your oil, plugs, filter and o2 sensor because that carbon exiting the engine will stick on something on its way out.
            well that sucks i dont wanna change all that shit too!

i mean is it REALLY worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
              well that sucks i dont wanna change all that shit too!

i mean is it REALLY worth it?
              idk, the definition of "worth" differs with everyone.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                either you really hate seafoam, or a demon logged on as you and made a post.

lol that cheered me up!

*Needs*
                -New shocks
                -Struts
                -Drop
                -Cleaning
                -New Tires/Wheels
                -New Window Tint
                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

bumpity bump...( keeping this thread live.....keeping alive...keeping alive...ha..ha ha..ha...keeeeeppping alllivvveee.....keeeeppppping Alllliiiivveee )
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Live MY CHILD!! lol, well my question is my car has about 240xxx miles on it. so i was wondering if adding some seafoam was any good because i just got a 43 code on my engine and I’ve don’t regular maintenance... also it started smelling like something was burning... so i turned the air on to see if i could smell anything and it smelled like crap. i stopped and checked my car and tried to figure out where the smell came from, but it wasn't around my engine i could only smell it when i turned on the air from the fan not from the A/C, can anyone give me any suggestions about this? i really want to clean my engine from inside but idk if its a good idea since it has a shit load of miles lol...

Comment

Originally posted by texotic
                      Live MY CHILD!! lol, well my question is my car has about 240xxx miles on it. so i was wondering if adding some seafoam was any good because i just got a 43 code on my engine and I’ve don’t regular maintenance... also it started smelling like something was burning... so i turned the air on to see if i could smell anything and it smelled like crap. i stopped and checked my car and tried to figure out where the smell came from, but it wasn't around my engine i could only smell it when i turned on the air from the fan not from the A/C, can anyone give me any suggestions about this? i really want to clean my engine from inside but idk if its a good idea since it has a shit load of miles lol...

sounds like somebody took a crap and put it in your heating ducts.......

bump
                      Originally posted by jboyce
                      i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                        sounds like somebody took a crap and put it in your heating ducts.......

bump
                        LOL nah man , but it smelled like freaking burned rubber

Comment

ooh ooh ooh i wanna do this!!! ill try her out tomorrow poor h22 is full of junk probably,damn japanese didnt drive it enough wound up in the junkyards and somehow into my car!!! i just found it in there one day

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                          X