Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

low compression header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low compression header

hi could any one tell me how to lower the compression im f20a7 header or recomend a low compression header i could use
    you help would be much appriciated as i am new to modifying am trying to learn accordinly
    many thanks jamie

low compression header? not flaming but um all i can say is do some research

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

have tried to search the forums but cannot find any thing on them ?

Comment

because as far i no they dont exist

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

First of all, why do want low compression? Are you going turbo?

Second, maybe you're looking to lower the compression by putting a new HEAD on not HEADER?

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordEXR
            First of all, why do want low compression? Are you going turbo?

Second, maybe you're looking to lower the compression by putting a new HEAD on not HEADER?
            not really . . . unless the head has a bigger dome (more CC's) then it wont really do anything . . . you could raise compression by decking the head . . . pistons are the easiest way to raise/lower compression however
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Yah, thats what I was getting at, I didn't say that a different head will significantly change the compression, but yes a head with a higher dome would do that, so would a thicker head gasket. Anyways, this is getting as nobody really knows what he's talking about?

Comment

just want to know the best way to drop the compression in the head because i plan on turbo chargeing it with a td05 from a impretsa

Comment

thicker hg? that could help, but the easiest way is gona be with lower cr pistons.

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by jambaps accord
                    just want to know the best way to drop the compression in the head because i plan on turbo chargeing it with a td05 from a impretsa
                    Dude our compression is perfect for turboing. You're better off leaving the compression as is rather than lowering it and having an less efficient lump to work with...1st gen DSMs have to run quite a bit more boost than us to make the same power from what I understand...

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

he has the f20 dude

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ah...get an F22?

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

how can you tell how much the compression is lowered by changing the head gasket ? also does any one know where they sell the thicker headgaskets .

Comment

I didnt think the f20a had that high of a compression to begin with... isnt like a little over 9:1? thicker IM gasket is only going to lower compression like .2.
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yah, a thicker head gasket isn't going to do too much... Like stated before, the best way to go is with low compression pistons. If you're going turbo you're going to want forged pistons anyways. Don't know if they sell for the f20 but here's some useful sites to check out:
                              www.dh-racing.com
                              www.atomicspeedware.com
                              www.importperformanceparts.net

Comment

Working...
                              X