Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cold Air vs. Short Ram ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short ram: because i got it for free!!!

Comment

custom short ram

because it was only 20 bux to make. If you dont know what it is, then search.

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

cold air. you can here that shit suck when u just hit the throttle quickly, get more hp, sounds mean as hell under full throttle

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          no, dont, I want my posts, lol.

anyways,

why u telling me that?

-jose
          the lol was for you, the rest for for vteco

Comment

If people not gonna answer than just don't bother to post :P Everyone knows how to search, well not all, but the fact is, a lot, and I mean a lot of the threads get hijacked along the way, or the BS over takes it, or there simply isn't a final to it. If it has been covered so many times, why not make it a sticky??

The fact is, no one is and or can really tell you an EXACT answer. Both has its pros and cons, however if you are going HARD CORE track, I would guess the most simplest answer would be CAI because it is BETTER.

I currently just added a CONE HEAD FILTER to my STOCK TUBING, but I find that I might just go back to the STOCK BOX. The BS sound of it revving and making NOISE doesn't matter to me anymore .. :P
            hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
              If people not gonna answer than just don't bother to post :P Everyone knows how to search, well not all, but the fact is, a lot, and I mean a lot of the threads get hijacked along the way, or the BS over takes it, or there simply isn't a final to it. If it has been covered so many times, why not make it a sticky??

The fact is, no one is and or can really tell you an EXACT answer. Both has its pros and cons, however if you are going HARD CORE track, I would guess the most simplest answer would be CAI because it is BETTER.

I currently just added a CONE HEAD FILTER to my STOCK TUBING, but I find that I might just go back to the STOCK BOX. The BS sound of it revving and making NOISE doesn't matter to me anymore .. :P
              actually i have explained the pros and cons of both so much that its all over the site. so why keep posting it?

Comment

Lets try to stay in topic.

EDIT*: LOL forgot to add my Opinion.

Well, right now i got a short ram....when i bought it i thought it was
                more practical to have it.
                But i think imma switch to Cold Air, test that out...AEM bypass and im good.
                Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 12-07-2005, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Williamsvt - i have an AEM cold air intake

i like it a lot and i woul do it again if i had to.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

im gonna say shortram. safer during the rainy season, better throttle response and it sounds better. i dont mind sparing a couple topend hp to sound cooler

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                      actually i have explained the pros and cons of both so much that its all over the site. so why keep posting it?
                      Well making a sticky for a FAQ is going to spare a post like this. Maybe it can and maybe not. All in all remember a lot of things are and will be based on the car owner him/her self.

People will still post because its just the nature of things. Like I said, a lot of the posts may or may not helpful. I am not just talking about CAI vs. SR, but a lot of other things as well.

Then of course there are times when people have emergencies and would like an answer quick and responsive rather than sift for gold; if you know what I mean.

Stickies are useful and it can definately do a lot more good than harm. It's all good though, whether or not a FAQ or STICKY would occur is not up to me. But I'm just saying..
                      hahahahah

Comment

www.850fab.com
                        IG - @850Fab
                        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Yeah um...might be nice to post some words describing what those graphs represent. wigger.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

is it red-CAI and blue-shortR

if it is, then you lost 7foot pounds to gain 3wheel horse power

i'll pass
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Had an AEM short ram on my Accord, and have a short ram with a BPi flowstack on my Prelude, and I loved them both. No need to really worry about sucking up water, dirt, leaves, grass, small rodents, etc...

Comment

i have a cheap 3in intake for a 94-97 accord with a custom heatshield and a BPi velocity stack. i think it works best.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Working...
                                X