Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How Much Boost!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Boost!?

I have a 90 accord lx with a h23a1 and head work(brawl's old car) I'm going to do a turbo setup with a dsm manifold and 96 gst turbo. w/ the stock integral wastegate. not sure about which blow off vlave yet. But the intercooler is going to be 22x9x3. Just wondering how much boost would be safe for the stock bottom end?
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

96 gst turbo sucks , and u will have major clearance issues. specifically the air outlet clearing the clutch slave cylinder assuming u r stick. get a 14b it is much better.. as far as boost i run 10psi daily on a big evo 16g and it seems to be fine.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
      96 gst turbo sucks , and u will have major clearance issues. specifically the air outlet clearing the clutch slave cylinder assuming u r stick. get a 14b it is much better.. as far as boost i run 10psi daily on a big evo 16g and it seems to be fine.
      I even had clearance issues on the big evo 16g. It was a bitch to get it to fit by my slave cylinder. I think it being so close, and not having a downpipe on yet is also contributing to my shifting problems.

As for the boost question, 10 psi should be fine I think... not sure how much different the compression ratio is, but the h23 is good for boost.

Comment

yes it is stick, yea i know about the clearance issues especially with the front motor mount thats what my first thread was about. And the reason I am going to use the gst turbo is because I already have it now and this setup is just temporary. But thanks for the help and info its much appreciated.
        Last edited by HaulAss247; 12-06-2005, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247
          But the intercooler is going to be 22x9x3.
          thats a pretty big ic, ur gona have to chop the hell out of ur bumper

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea maybe so but thats not a big deal

Comment

I mean they had one that was 18x9x3 or something like that, but its 235 but the 22x9x3 is 280 so i just decided to go with that one

Comment

I meant it was big by the height and thikness, dont matter how long it is really, it will fit, but damn, that 3inch is gona look fat.

u know, just stating the obvious, nothing really.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea thanks

Comment

BTW i guess i need to get custom IC piping made unless somebody knows of an IC piping kit?

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247
                      BTW i guess i need to get custom IC piping made unless somebody knows of an IC piping kit?
                      The custom route is recommended to ensure proper fitment. A premade kit will still need to be modified.

Comment

will someone post pics of how the shit should be done as far as the bends to give him an idea of how the ic piping should be,

Comment

H23 is good for boost, but not with the stock bottom end. You need iron sleeves. Those stock ones won't take more then 5 psi, and even then still not gonna last long
                          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Alright everybody thanks for your help and I'll see how things work out

Comment

Working...
                            X