Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nasty whole in fourth gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasty whole in fourth gear

Ok so my problem is that when my automatic transmission shifts into fourth gear at about 100 mhp there seems to be a huge lag in acceleration, clearly this is dut to the four speed automatic and i was wondering besides swapping for a manual what things have you done that helpes with pulling through fourth. Thanks
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Not driving 100 on the street.

Comment

hehe 4th gear is not a pull gear, its a final gear and wont allow you to pull as well. but shoot i took my car to a 100 easy just by stepping on the gas.....my 3rd maxes out at like 70 cause it doesnt pull any more and just revvs up at 5200 rpm...i had that problem since day one so i dont worry...

but i can pull in 4th gear. well not pull but i can accelerate easilly. after 110 though nope...its slow...i just keep moderate foot pressure on the gas, not full throttle.

o btw dont speed =). i had to cause i was late for something. a trip that would of taken me 20 minutes on the freeway took me 5 minutes hahaha!
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

not to be a smartass, but if you have a stock motor... thats your hole. when i had a f22 auto with i/h/e, i could get up to 90ish ok, but after that when it shifts to 4th it goes nowhere. its not that theres a hole, just plain old lack of power.

Comment

If you want to fly in 4th gear on an automatic, either change the gearing size on the transmission or the easy way to get a shot of laughing gas

A 50HP dry zex kit is cheap about $450 and safe on stock motor and work wonder on automatic in final gear. It give u that extra pulling boost that you need. your speed cut off might come up to fast if you have stock LX ECU which is like 120mph or 130mph for EX. with a chip you you should be able to disable that. My friend at the track was able to go get up to 148mph with I/E/H and 50HP shot and chip. but it the nitrous will get you to 130mph quickly while the last 18mph take forever. I think it took him about 1 minute to gain that last 18mph, but he did get to it
          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

nice thanks and by the way my car isnt stock, i have a intake which consists of a carbon fiber tube and a bmc airbox, i have dv sports headers, thermal reaserch and development exhaust, jet chip, ignition, and venom fuel injectors. Im going to look further into a nitrous kit. Ill post pictures soon
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Cam and compression, Mid, if you want to run. Your mods aren't much on a passenger car motor.

Tom
              74 Malibu 900WHP

Comment

Working...
              X