Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my setup - advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my setup - advise please

allright guys this is what i had in mind.. I bought an extra cam shaft and throttle body because i want to send the throtle body to be bored out and send my cam in for a 272 regrind, after that i want to get an AEM cam gear, h22 or h23 injectors (Wich one will be better?), Prelude 3" cold air intake, 2.5" crush bent exhaust, and a Evo Style muffler. Let me know if that is a good setup or not..
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

You don't need bigger injectors for bolt on mods. Don't bother. As for the intake and exhaust, also don't bother... Prelude sizes are too big for the F22. You'll lose all low end. Stick with the Accord intake and 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust for the best results. Crush bends are never good... I regret getting a crush bent system myself (and a mandrel bent system wouldn't have been much more!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      You don't need bigger injectors for bolt on mods. Don't bother. As for the intake and exhaust, also don't bother... Prelude sizes are too big for the F22. You'll lose all low end. Stick with the Accord intake and 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust for the best results. Crush bends are never good... I regret getting a crush bent system myself (and a mandrel bent system wouldn't have been much more!)
      Agreed

Comment

awesome.. so regular f22 intake, no new injectors and a 2.25" exhaust system?

CG Coupe!

Comment

Unless you plan on swapping an H22, that's your best bet. Those pipe diameters are only good for the H. They'll choke the F down low unless you do a lot more work!

Comment

i totaly agree although u will notice a decent increase in performance with bigger injectors coupled with a aem fuel rail. u run rich right off the bat but with the closed feedback loop the ecu puts into effect richness goes away and u get some good power gains. (venom injectors 265cc with aem fuel rail) check it out! worth it. i think the max the stock ecu can accomodate is 330cc. but i wouldnt go much over 265
            My members ride thread

Comment

sry to jack yr thread but if u put on a h23 intake manifold with the throttle body and 3" cai does it still choke out the f22?
              many people have done this swap before
              directed at deevergote or anyone else that has an answer
              DIY antenna control
              DIY ghetto short ram
              Battery Relocation

New Project
              1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

ok my advice would be
                272 regrind
                dsm 450 injectors
                Uberdat on a p06 tuned to your set up
                maxbore throttle body
                2.25 or maybe 2.5 inch exhaust
                Its cheep easy and quick just my women
                Last edited by CBL; 12-02-2005, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                  ok my advice would be
                  272 regrind
                  dsm 450 injectors
                  Uberdat on a p06 tuned to your set up
                  maxbore throttle body
                  2.25 or maybe 2.5 inch exhaust
                  Its cheep easy and quick just my women
                  450cc injectors and chipped ecu on those mods? hardly worth it... also, you don't want the TB too big or you'll kill your low-end! For an NA engine like what you got, no bigger than 2.25" or you will also kill your low-end. you can get away with slightly bigger exhaust, regrind, and ram intake...all that extra stuff is worthless on that setup imo. SAVE YOUR MONEY....
                  My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

ok guys i got my 2.25" crush bent for $40 from the cat back about a week ago no but i really need a new muffler now.. Im actually looking into a flowmaster but i don't know . let me know wich muffler sounds really good on our cars..

CG Coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by blackedout
                      ok guys i got my 2.25" crush bent for $40 from the cat back about a week ago no but i really need a new muffler now.. Im actually looking into a flowmaster but i don't know . let me know wich muffler sounds really good on our cars..
                      You can't ask that...because there are 4 types of tuner:

1)people who like rasp
                      2)people who like loud
                      3)people who like quiet
                      4)people who like deep tone

You can only pick 1 of the first 2 and 1 of the last 2 option, which equats to 4 possible different possibilities. So what you like and what I like are probbly different. I personally like quiet and deep, so, the best muffler for that(with cost in mind) is dynomax super turbo muffler imho.
                      Last edited by Clueless; 12-10-2005, 02:38 AM.
                      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

oh yea sry i like quite and deep tone, that dynomax turbo mufller they sell at autozone don't they?

CG Coupe!

Comment

will it sound ok?

Ok guys reason i started a new thread is i kinda need to know real quick because i got a good offer on a Flowmaster Delta flow 40 series.. does that sound good on our cars?

CG Coupe!

Comment

i've always felt dynomax, flowmasters belong on domestic vehicles; it'll probably sound loud and raspy

but give it a try and hear what is sounds like. you won't know for sure unless you get it done.
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ok i guess i can try it.. if it doesn't work i'll sell it to my buddy cuz he has a truck

CG Coupe!

Comment

Working...
                              X