Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

NAKED engine bay and other goodies (56k no no)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xScott
    Out of curisoity (manly because I want to ditch it too,) how does the car idle without any of the black emissions box? No codes?
    I didnt even notice that missing! I wonder that aswell. If you ended up wanting to keep them, and had a place behind the firewall, i am sure you could just lengthen the vacuum lines. But that box and the charcoal canister thing im sure could be replaced since they look pretty useless IMO.

Comment

in the black box, it has the MAP sensor and EGR solenoid which I'm still using for now. The rest has been stripped and it idles and runs fine

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

What's your engine temp with no fans?
        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
          What's your engine temp with no fans?
          In my opinion, the engines run fine without fans. I have two on my car, but one doesnt work, and the other is on a switch. I have only used that once or twice during autocross. Typical daily driving, I am fine.

Stop and go during the summer is what I put it on a switch for. The only time I also had a problem was cruising at 90mph for an hour or two, then hitting stopped traffic. Went up pretty quick with no air going across it.

My temp gauge never goes above halfway, and im sure his is the same.

Comment

yeah, the Accord cooling system is more than enough. I still have the small condensor fan but it is wired to the rear ECT switch and only cuts on at 210deg. Durring most driving, the temp stays right around 190 or so. Durring summer, the fan comes on more often. I removed the larger radiator fan becuase it is simply not needed and is just extra weight.

Took a few better pics today and I'll post them up in a minute.

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Here's some better pics...not much of an improvement but the lighting was better.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                in the black box, it has the MAP sensor and EGR solenoid which I'm still using for now. The rest has been stripped and it idles and runs fine
                Im asuming you just re-positioned the things and ditched the box itself?

Comment

yeah, I ditched the box, un-used wires, and quite a few extra and un-needed vacuum hoses. The MAP is now mounted inside the car on the firewall.

I'm also considering ditching the huge radiator and swapping in a small civic one to save some more space and weight.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                    yeah, I ditched the box, un-used wires, and quite a few extra and un-needed vacuum hoses. The MAP is now mounted inside the car on the firewall.

I'm also considering ditching the huge radiator and swapping in a small civic one to save some more space and weight.
                    So, you only really need the MAP and EGR out of that box, everything else can be ditched?

Sweet, ive been trying to get a straight answer on this for awhile! Thanks maing!

Comment

This is awesome, I'm speechless. This is something I hope I can do someday w/ my F22a6. I am very impressed w/ your setup, you know a thing or 2 or 3!!!! I love your engine bay, the final wire tuck is awesome Great work and you have some awesome skills!

Dan

Comment

yea. hopefully in the summer. i will get my euro r intake mani, a lsd tranny. so when thats in my hands. i will do the finish touches of my wire tuck.... great inspiration. :-)

EDIT: pat, where is your resiovor (sp) for the antifreeze. along the radiator?

maury
                        Last edited by excalibur02; 11-20-2005, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                          yea. hopefully in the summer. i will get my euro r intake mani, a lsd tranny. so when thats in my hands. i will do the finish touches of my wire tuck.... great inspiration. :-)

EDIT: pat, where is your resiovor (sp) for the antifreeze. along the radiator?

maury
                          I'll put in my 2 cents on this aswell.. if he still has it, its probably in front of the rad where the a/c condensor was. If not, he probably doesnt run one. I have one, but there is never anything in it... just doesnt seem to use it at all. My last accord didnt have one, but this one I figured I would stick there since I had one sitting around.

Do you have a pic of hte MAP and EGR sensors that were in the black box? I am guessing they are the only things in there that are hooked up, I just cant remember what they look like off the top of my head.

Comment

Hey, that's my cam gear! Awsome.....nice setup too....
                            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Wow, looks really nice. I've always wanted to clean up under the hood, but I wasn't really sure where to hide all that stuff. I would be kind of worried about messing with so much wiring and all.

Comment

I wanted to bump this thread since it gave me inspiration to finally start to clean up mine. I started on the drivers side...I am not done, still gotta take out the high pressure PS line, and relocate some stuff, but that'll do it for tonight. Alarm siren will be relocated aswell, so that'll look a little better.

Before

After

Comment

Working...
                                X