Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ebay 1.45 lbs crank pulleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this thread up!!! Any updates?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
      Can you explain why to me then? I was taught this in school... and my teacher said that if I was to take them out I would experience considerable vibration (that doesn't matter to me) but it could also be harmful to the balance of the engine. I'd be happy to know the truth, however.
      Balance shafts balance the difference from crank rotation to cam rotation

Comment

simple and short answer.....engine is internally balance and the experiment done that shows virbration with the crank pulleys is seriously flawed.....there are no known negatives with a underdrive crank pulley. except for a few civics have ruined there oil pumps...case closed
        My members ride thread

Comment

well guys i have one that did not fit my f22b but it would fit 92-93 accords and 92-96 prelude. it is still in original package and ready to ship. im asking 40 shipped....

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

link to my thread last year for overboost.com. yall should read it for the info.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=crank+pulleys

regards tomd

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
              link to my thread last year for overboost.com. yall should read it for the info.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=crank+pulleys

regards tomd
              agaun....disregard the flawed experiment done by overboost.....!!!!
              My members ride thread

Comment

any update?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I didint like mine. I bought a Bomz. Yes you will need a diff size belt. Those crank pulleys DO NOT LIKE to come off. I will find my old pulley and take pics of it. IT basically fucked itself in the ass before I went back to OEM. Oh yea there were also some pits and scratches when pulliing it off my old f22a.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what didnt you like about it?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It takes forever to take out, Cant fit crank pulley tool through if its REALLY stuck, The material isnt strong, and you get what you pay for. If I were to get another one I would spend the money and buy an unorthodox racing or fluidampr pulley.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

harmonic balancer + ebay = BAD
                        why put a $20 part in such a fine machine. i definetly heard about the oil pump cracking when i did my research on this which is mostly when using boost. besides it prolly made in thailand...i believe most are unbalanced.now unorthadox that would be much better...but it cost some dolla$$. not the cheapest way to make HP

i got a aem pulley set for $40 on ebay, those do not change the harmonic balancer just the alternator and power steering and that set came with the belts
                        Last edited by camdizawg; 09-09-2007, 04:07 AM.

Comment

it should always be safety over power man. Reliability man keep it reliable. No point in sacraficing an entire engine over a 400 dollar part. Im just saying. fast is not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by camdizawg
                            harmonic balancer + ebay = BAD
                            why put a $20 part in such a fine machine. i definetly heard about the oil pump cracking when i did my research on this which is mostly when using boost. besides it prolly made in thailand...i believe most are unbalanced.now unorthadox that would be much better...but it cost some dolla$$. not the cheapest way to make HP

i got a aem pulley set for $40 on ebay, those do not change the harmonic balancer just the alternator and power steering and that set came with the belts
                            Accords don't have harmonic balancers...
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yea they do its built into the crank pulley on my f22b2. there is a rubber between inside diameter and outside diameter which acts as a harmonic balancer

Comment

just remember the advertisers get paid millions to hype up their products.. and magazines also get paid bundlles by their advertisers to help fill our heads with this makes hp jokes.
                                yes sometimes a light weight crank pulley can be good,, it says it may cause what 5 horse power.. well lets see some dyno charts..
                                what normally happens is in one specific area the car might gain 5 exta ponies then drop back off... and thus also creating the rest of your powerband to suffer...
                                example most gsr motors from the factory have out dynoed those that got a fuel pressure regulator, light weight pulleys light weight flywheel intake headers, exhaust..etc small bolt ons... why..
                                well obviously honda teck pulled as much power as they possibly could out of this car from the start.
                                yes lighter parts will let you rev higher,, but you also have to rev higher to launch at the same controlled speed that i would be launching at....
                                their are many pros and cons.. just research
                                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                                X