Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

UR pulleys installed yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UR pulleys installed yesterday

ok so i got my UR pulleys installed yesterday...took me over 2.5hrs. breaker bar, impact gun, nothing worked....so i took a torch and heated the bolts up. even the p/s and alternator pulleys were difficult to remove ugh. and the belt numbers that UR gave me were correct. no squealing, no abnormal noises, nothing wrong. in fact they run quieter than the stock ones!! the power....huge ass difference and i still have to really break the belts in, do a final belt adjustement and let the comp do sommore adjustments but it is by far the best upgrade(power gain wise) i have done yet. the weight difference was insane. the entire wieght of all three pulleys were little under 2lbs. the stock crank itself was over 5.5lbs lol. and it was nearly double the size of the UR crank pulley. now i have a pretty kicking system and i haven't had any issue with that or even lights dimming at low rpms. another satisfied customer of UR pulleys!!!!!!!!! if anyone was thinking of getting these pulleys.....do so!!!! parts including the belts were under 300...288.37 to be exact
    My members ride thread

Yeah, U/R pullys rock!

I have just the lightweight power steering pulley that I bought off of a guy from ebay. Works great! Had it on the car for a long time an it's still on there with no problems. Yes there is a difference in just the weight which should let the motor turn the crank easier to allow more power and torque to the wheels. Looking into getting the rest of the U/R set but I won't be paying that much just for the U/R pully set.

-Mike from P-town!

Comment

Awesome to hear. Now some one buy my brand new set I have for sale!
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
        Awesome to hear. Now some one buy my brand new set I have for sale!
        uslspct, you have a PM!

(sorry accrdpower didn't mean to ruien your thread)
        Last edited by 91blk4thgen; 10-22-2005, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91blk4thgen
          uslspct, you have a PM!

(sorry accrdpower didn't mean to ruien your thread)

that ok! me don't mind
          My members ride thread

Comment

ok so there was some squealing of the belts, tightened them and walla, problem solved....for anyone that did pulleys or are going to do pulleys, if the belts squeal, the tension is not right. even if u set the tension when u first put them on they will loosen quite a bit bc of normal belt break in. for me i have to adjust tension again in a week or so and that should be it. the proper precedure for belt tightening is as follows; tighten belts to specs at first install, run car for 5 min, turn off, tighten to specs, turn on car for 15min, turn off and tighten to specs, turn on car for 1hr, turn off and tighten to specs. now by no means do u need to just have ur car sitting there for the 1 hr part but 5min,15min and 1hr is the best and most accurate way to adjust the belts. if squealing persists make sure the belts are on right and the tension is still within specs, make sure the crank pulley isn't scraping against anything bc mine had clearance issues with a plastic part but that slowly is rubbing down no biggie. hope this helps anyone with/ or will have the UR pulleys..........still by far the best mod done yet!!!!
            My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
            X