Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

replaced my clutch.... could i have forgoten somethin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced my clutch.... could i have forgoten somethin?

Ok well i'm not sure if some of you kno or not, but my turbo has been blowin oil past the seals for God knows how long.... it wasnt REAL bad, but it was deffinitely noticalbe mainly just when its warming up and at idle a little bit.... me and a few people replaced my clutch this weekend... we started Sunday night and finished a mere 15 hours later at about 9 am on Monday.... that was BADDD!!!!!! Good God, if i ever have to do that again!!lol.... i replaced it with an XACT streetlite flywheel and Exedy 3 puck stage 2 clutch.... chatters like a BIOTCHH when engaging.... but heres my issue, i jus wanted to give background info.... i go to start it for the 1st time after the instal.... it smokes like CRAZYY maybe 5 times worse than before... i'm sittin here thinkin ahh maybe its just since the oil was all sittin toward the back of the car when it was jacked up, maybe it collected in the downpipe or something right.... so the past 2 days i been drivin it, the clutch is amazing, yet i literally have a CLOUD of white smoke bellowing out of my ass whether the engine is cold, idling, running at full operating temp at 3000 rpms and i FILLLL the road with just a cloud of smokescreen....i might as well have Autoloc's smokescreen kit on that thing all the time..... is it possible that i might have or might not have replaced something or knocked something loose somehow than can effect the oil burning thru my exhaust like this?? or is it possible that my turbo just completely shit the bed and is dumping every mL of oil into the exhaust now?? I'm thinkin its possible that oil might have coagulated in the turbo or return line and is clogging it blocking the drain so it has nowhere else to go but into the exhaust..... any idea of the contrary or should i just assume its the turbo? oh and i have a brand spankin new turbo comin in at ther end if the week too, so if it isnt the turbo, i'll find out when i replace it regardless.... thanks a lot guys.... and sorry 4 the long assss post....
    Last edited by ChroNicBoosT; 10-11-2005, 12:30 PM.

Okay first off breathe, second learn to use periods inbetween sentences so we can understand you more. I think its either your turbo or bad valveseals. But im pointing more towards your turbo seals. Stop driving your car and get it rebuilt. The oil is blowing pass the seals causing that effect and thats serious the hot side in which its goin through is burnin up the oil thats why you see the smoke. Fix it stop driving hat car or else youll fuck it up and make sure that your good on oil or else BOOM!

Comment

X 2 what sparkle said...
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

i used like hundreds of periods..... but yea as i stated at the end, i already have a new turbo comin in so i dont really care the condition of this 1.... i did my compression last week and it read 180-182 accross the board, so i know thats all Jesus.... i already know exactly y my turbo is leakin and such, i just cant figure out why its leakin 100X more than before i did the clutch......... its bad to the point where i'lv gotten stopped by the cops cause it looks like my car is on fire.... oh well i'ma deff stop drivin that shit till i get that new turbo in tho...

Comment

YEah you dont care until one day you kee[ driving it and boom your shits gonna blow up and the turbo will seize which inturn will fuck up your motor.

Comment

dude.... what did i just post 2 times..... I HAVE A NEW TURBO COMIN IN AT THE END OF THE WEEK..... obviously it wont get 2 that point if i dont drive it and replace it with a brand new 1..... wut i mean by not carin is that its not on my priorities but i will eventually rebuild it so i'm not too wrried about exatly whats wrong with it right now.....

Comment

Umm, why do you think it's oil that's burning? If I read your post correctly you said that it is white smoke...white smoke would indicate to me that you're burning coolant, is this turbo also watercooled, or could you have a leak in you headgasket??? Just curious.

-Kyle
              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

well when oil burns its still white smoke, just with a blueish tint to it.... and trust me, i'lv been gettin high off it 4 the past few months..... i know for a FACT its oil....plus if my head gasket was shot and i was burnin coolant my compression would be inconsistant.... but no its not watercooled.... jus oil lubed....

Comment

ok.... was beginning to take my intake and turbo out and it started porring rain out..... i got as far as taking out off the intake filter and charge pipe to the intercooler.... the turbo and the charge pipe had puddles of fucking oil in them.... so i think i found my problem per the uber amounts of smoke.... but now i need to figure out the cause of this..... it looked like the oil was pouring in from the oil catch can return line to the intake.... any ideas of how and why oil could posibly be coming up the crankcase or valve cover vents and gettin past my oil catch can and getting into the intake?? i'm seriously stumped here cause i have NEVER seen this before.....and yea i'm positive it came from the catch can cause the lines have oil lingering in the low spots.... my charge pipe had a shitload of oil that poured out of it when i removed it.... this is real fukkin bad.... i mean even if my rings were shot and i pressurized the crankcase, oil wouldnt just all the sudden start blowin thru the vent and somehow get past the catch can into the intake would it???

EDIT::: Ok..... well after i relocated the catch can and ran the motor for a bit, it was only smokin the smal amount it normally would..... i put everything back together and took it for a drive round the block and at the beach.... everythins is normall the sudden.... hmmm i mean i'm happy its back 2 normal, but i still wanna know why and how the fukk that oil got into my goddamn intake.... oh well... its all jesus now so nevermind abouit the issues.... thanks for all the advice guys....
                  Last edited by ChroNicBoosT; 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X