Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2.5 or 2.25 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 or 2.25 ???

sorry for asking this question but i need some help. i have h22a, with s/r intake, megan headers, tanabe exshaust, UR crank pulley, erick racing p13 ecu, skunk 2 cam stage 1. I am curiou how big i should make my piping, i have 2.5 magnaflow cat. I was thinkin 2.25 right after cat all the way back, since all the air flow slows down a lot. Or 2.5 all the way?

Originally posted by accord"R"
    sorry for asking this question but i need some help. i have h22a, with s/r intake, megan headers, tanabe exshaust, UR crank pulley, erick racing p13 ecu, skunk 2 cam stage 1. I am curiou how big i should make my piping, i have 2.5 magnaflow cat. I was thinkin 2.25 right after cat all the way back, since all the air flow slows down a lot. Or 2.5 all the way?
    PLEASE... replace that header with a more respectable one http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=31773&page=2

^^ read my post and you'll understand why

and as for exhaust piping.. stick with 2.5" from the cat..back.. since i see you have intake, skunk cams.. and a chipped p13.. you will benefit more!! since you have those cams and ECU... you are allowing your engine to breathe more heavily.. you need to keep the exhaust large enough to work in harmony with the other components on your motor.. 2.25 WILL WORK.. but it might not be enough.. especially when and if more modifications are made.. ie. if you decide to buy a more agressive set of cams, a header with a much larger collector, aftermarket intake mani or TB.. or even if internals are added.. that way with 2.5" exhaust.. you wont be needing to change it when more upgrades are made and the 2.25" piping wont cut it..

although the decision is all up to you.. just figure out your plans for the motor.. what you'd like to have done.. and make the best decision to benefit you the most...
    Last edited by 4genaccordfreak; 10-11-2005, 09:28 PM.

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
    5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

STick with your 2.5 it will serve you more better uptop rather than downlow. Up top is where hte power is in the higher revs where you will need it most because 2.25 i believe is stock for the prelude i think.

Comment

thanks for the opinion guys. right now i am just waiting on my cat to show up and then i'll change it

Comment

Working...
        X