Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 Head valvespring/Retainer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Head valvespring/Retainer questions

Hello this is my first time to post.

I was searching about Valve springs and retainers for the F22 Head. I searched this forum and i couldnt really find a exact answer to some questions and i was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm Planning to do a Mild Turbo buildup for a F22 (200-250hp) and i was searching for New Valve springs and Retainers for a F22 head. I've found some sites online but they seem kinda shady. I was hoping that if anyone had some information on what type of springs/retainers that i could use or what kind of setup they use on their cars.

I just want something that'll fit my F22a6 head because i've been told that some online stores will sell you F22 valve springs but in acual life they wont fit. I really want to deal with playing post office tag with some shady store.

Ohh, i guess one more thing. I'm only planning to rev maybe to 7-8k rpm,if that.(not a high revving type of guy and this car is for my wife)

If y'all think Sticking with some stock Springs and Retainers is good enough i could follow that reccomendations cause it's alot cheaper. lol.

anyways, thanks for the help and if i left any critical information out just lemme know

Anyone? does everyone just use OEM stuff?

Just wondering where i could get some good Valve springs and Retainers from.

if anyone could help that would be great.... thanks

Comment

Most people have gotten away with using good condition stock valve springs, retainers and seat locators for the common Delta 260 & 272 regrinds as long as you stick to stock-like revs.

If you plan to frequently rev your F22 engine more that stock-like, then I recommend upgrading your valvetrain. On turbo setups, people typically will be revving up their engines more so I would upgrade.

Anyhow, I know from personal experience of F22 single spring upgrade that will handle up to 9000 RPMs and WILL fit your F22.

www.f22parts.com > CONTACT: Dave Inman

Check in his cylinder head parts section....he also has awesome customer service. I bought the single spring upgrade, titanium retainers and hardened valve locks from him.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
      X