Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

180-200whp possible with stock block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180-200whp possible with stock block?

Is it possible to reach these numbers on stock block or would it require a head swap? ( h23, or h22)
    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Originally posted by Numba1Hater
    Is it possible to reach these numbers on stock block or would it require a head swap? ( h23, or h22)
    N/A or turbo...depends

Comment

N/A my man!

Comment

N/A my man!
        I hope u got loot
        U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

well really im trying to decide should i do a h23 head swap or a h22 head swap? But i thought somebody had done it with a stock block on here? I remember doing a search on it and something like that came up.

Comment

well really im trying to decide should i do a h23 head swap or a h22 head swap? But i thought somebody had done it with a stock block on here? I remember doing a search on it and something like that came up.
            . . . you mean with only bolt ons???? . . . cuz technically if you only swapped heads the block would still be stock. on a completely stock internaled engine its easy to do that with turbo . . . i think mrx has 250 whp on his stock engine
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              . . . you mean with only bolt ons???? . . . cuz technically if you only swapped heads the block would still be stock. on a completely stock internaled engine its easy to do that with turbo . . . i think mrx has 250 whp on his stock engine

Yea with complete bolt ons. I really want turbo but i never had a turbo car before or any kind of f/i induction. That's why i was thinking of doing a head swap with keeping the stock bottom end, but from what i searched and read you can get more power from the stock block if you go turbo. Is this something maybe i can learn how to maintain, and ask others for help, and just research, research on . Or do i need to just say away from the turbo setup and either do a h23, or h22 head swap???

Comment

Yea with complete bolt ons. I really want turbo but i never had a turbo car before or any kind of f/i induction. That's why i was thinking of doing a head swap with keeping the stock bottom end, but from what i searched and read you can get more power from the stock block if you go turbo. Is this something maybe i can learn how to maintain, and ask others for help, and just research, research on . Or do i need to just say away from the turbo setup and either do a h23, or h22 head swap???
                i am about to start piecing together a turbo kit for my f22, our compression ratio is perfect for turbo. that is the best road to take if you are keeping your stock motor IMO. i plan on buying another f22 block to build, then turbo, then swap it into my car. you can safely run 8-10 pounds of boost on a completely stock block, there are a handful of guys that do it on here and have awesome numbers. i would rather build it just to be safe and to be able to handle more boost. midniteracerx makes 248 whp on stock internals with 10 psi which is amazing, so imagine what a built f22 could make if you up the boost...not to mention it isn't too expensive to do, just do it right!

Comment

you can safely run as high as 14psi with proper tuning . . . someone on accordinglydone was doing that if i remember correctly. building a spare block is definitley the way to go though.

in answer to you numba1hater, youve gotta start somewhere, and although turbo DOES lower the reliability aspect of the car, as long as you do the genereal maintenence and you know what your doing then you should be fine.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    although turbo DOES lower the reliability aspect of the car
                    ...Please explain.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                      ...Please explain.
                      Yes please do! I'm really thinking of going turbo and i love how our f22 can take up to 14psi on stock internals! But 8-10psi sounds enough for me, just gotta figure out which car i should go turbo with? The coupe or the sedan??? i just bought the coupe and it seems promising cause of the weight advantage is has on the sedan, but i probably have to sell it to my cousin cause he just got his license and wanted the coupe(which i got from his our grandma for 1200) But the sedan would be awesome sleeper with turbo!!!

Comment

sedans are lighter.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

sedans are lighter.
                          really i thought the coupes were lighter?

Comment

The f22a crank and block cant take reving to 7500 like the h22a head

I would eithere do a compltete h22a swap or boost the f22a

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                            bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

...Please explain.
                              I was waiting for you to challenge that.

Didn't you read the thread where it was debated about the reliability of an NA vs Turbo. It all comes down to how you drive, winding out to 6500 every gear is going to lower the reliability on either setups. It's all about taking care of it and knowing your limits
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X