Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

EGR Block off Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoomspeed05
    will it throw a cel code if no please explain how this will work if the egr valve has an electrical connector? please post pics
    Ditto
    My CB7

Comment

here yah go guys...

EGR PLATE

__________________________________________________ _______________

AIR BOOST PLATE:

perfect fit for both.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomspeed05
        will it throw a cel code if no please explain how this will work if the egr valve has an electrical connector?

it will throw a CEL unless your ecu has been chipped/reprogrammed NOT to read the EGR.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

or u can just put the egr on top of the plate like i did. Ecu still thinks its there but nothing goes into the intake mani
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I have one of these off E-bay... It's made by KMS Engineering. They go for about $40 USD.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

my dad said he cant mass produce these since he was doing it under the table thing..he said if he gets caught he'll get in trouble...

but yea if he does do it after all.. ill sell it for 15 plus shipping

Comment

actually it really depends if youll fail emissions the idea of the EGR valve is to reduce NoX (oxides of nitrogen) which are measured in parts per million (ppm) umm well in diff states siff amounts are allowed and NoX is a result of combustion temps above 1500 degrees or something like that well they dont neccesarilly get that high so you may not fail emissions but dont do this and bitch at me later if you do now if you tune your car this is easy to fix on a dyno with a five gas machine (emission tester) now all youd have to do is at 1500 rpm and 3000 rpm or whateever they test um at in your erea and dial it a lil richer at those rpms because basically thats what the EGR valve does it recirculates exhaust gas so your A/F reads a lil leaner than it really is causing your ecu to richen it up therefore cooling the cylinfer temp a bit not accurate at all and really does make you use more gas than you should best thing is to tune your car with one tune for performance and then one tune for emissions solve all the problems oh but another problem would be failing the visual check oh dam if this isnt beleivable we built a blown ls1 camaro in school and tuned it to were it passed emissions without cats egr or any other emissions equipment just by spendin about 3 days tuning it with ls1edit so its doable just gotta keep at it and make it work or fuck it and pay the guy behingd the counter at the smog station

Comment

awsome jed! now will H22 ones fit F22? sorry for the n00b-like question. i'm not entirely familiar with swaps...yet . good info there too AsheCb7.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

from my days as a lude guy i beleive thats what the h22 egr valve blockoff looks like and timmy i think your cb7 is one of the most beutiful cb7 ever
                    Last edited by AsheCb7; 09-15-2005, 11:02 PM.

Comment

wassup with that leah dizon stuff bro?!
                      92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

FYI Richer a/f mixtures increase exhaust gas temperatures.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by LX Rida
                          wassup with that leah dizon stuff bro?!

THERE A SAMPLER....

but yea i didnt really need to do that block off cuz i have a p28 that eliminates the EGR.. but it made my engine bay look slightly better..

the air/boost vac block off works!

Comment

does the air/boost vac block off help any?
                            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

yeah I was trying to figure that out too,
                              what would blocking tha do?

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                                FYI Richer a/f mixtures increase exhaust gas temperatures.
                                how would a richer mix cuz higher exhaust temp? not to argue justwamt why you think it does. becuase the idea of the egr then defys your theory if youd like we could talk through PM

Comment

Working...
                                X