Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

New clutch time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New clutch time...

Any suggestions is to what kind of clutch to get, I believe mine is about to go out

ACT is probably the best in my mind.. i have heard of CM and exedy being good, but ACT makes some mean clutches cause they hold down torque, and that is what u want, i am using the Street disk with a Xtreme lock plate or "pressure plate"... dont know if u can buy that setuo but my buddy bought the strip only clutch and it was to hard locking, so we switched pressure plates and we both have hard locking now, lol..

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

I'm using a clutchmasters clutch, and it's pretty good. I'll need to upgrade in the future, but I would have to say I would probably go with someone else. They are a good brand, but for the price I think there are better values like act which was mentioned.

Comment

im using the act extreme heavyduty street/strip sprung hub disk the clutch can handle it its the pressureplate that you need to change to hold the power.

Comment

Clutch material has something to do with holding the power too. I say go with ACT. Clutchmasters clutches cannot be bought seperately from what someone told me. So if the disc is gone, then the whole unit must be replaced. As for ACT, you can mix and match whatever you want.

Comment

I am currently using a RAM cluch in my Accord. I am more than pleased with it.

Powergrip Performance Clutch Set:

More information: http://www.fushigiraceengineering.com/RAMCLUTCHES.html

Comment

Working...
            X