Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake Manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifold?

I'm wondering has anybody done anything to there's or has bought a new one. Does it give significant HP gains and whats the cost like for something like this?

It depends on what you're looking for. If you don't have an F22A6 engine, you can get the A6 manifold for a few bucks at a junk yard or ebay (say, $100 maybe... less if you shop smart). They'd be good for a few HP. The majority of the HP difference between the DX/LX engines (F22A1) and the EX/SE engines (F22A4/6) comes from the intake and exhaust manifolds.

If you'd like, you could Extrude Hone the intake manifold. The Extrude Hone process involves pushing an abraisive material through the manifold to smooth the interior surfaces. It's not cheap, though...

Finally, there are aftermarket manifolds. They can get really expensive, and are very often made for specific purposes, like all-motor or turbo setups. Chances are, you won't need anything really expensive unless you're doing a major buildup. If you do look into aftermarket, make sure that the piece you get is good for your setup.

Comment

Well I have an EX, so does that mean i have the F22A4? I'll look and see if i can find a F22A6 manifold. I dont think i'll need any aftermarket manifolds just yet. Now how is the process of Extrude Hone done? If I find an A6 manifold I could do it to that if at all possibility.
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

Go to jgenginedynamics.com, and give thema call, i know they do bores for throttle bodies and intake manifolds. And in my opinion you would be beter off boreing out your throttle body first then do the intake manifold afterwards so that there is no restriction of air from the throtle body though to the intake manifold. I know i have an accord lx, and for my throttle bodyit cost $150, without core charge, and for the the whole intake manifold it cost $180. But go to the site and see what you can find out, JG swears that with my accod a throtle and intake maniold bore i should see better throotle response and anywhere from 5 to 10 hp gain.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point. The throttle body is definitely a better place to start... An intake, if you don't already have one, would also be a great idea (since the stock airbox won't allow you to realize the potential of the TB and manifold bore).

I've heard good things about JG too... They're mentioned a few times in a book I have (Honda & Acura Engine Performance... great book for beginners)

Comment

Is there any other throttle bodies I could get from another engine that would fit on my engine and be better?

Comment

i've heard of V6 accord throttle bodies fitting on the h23 intake plenum. So if u get an f22a6 intake mani, h23 plenum u could probably do alot of things with the throttle body as far as options of performance. I haven't tried this theory yet but search some prelude forums and see what they say.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Skunk2 has a mani for the H22 that's pending CARB approval. Their B18 mani's are suppose to be the shit.

Comment

wait does he have a f22 or h22?
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I have an F22A6

Comment

i had extrude hone do the work on my intake manifold years ago and matched w/ a ported tb on a F22A6. i swapped over to a jdm F22B and was able to keep the manifold and tb. worth the $$$. custom intake manifolds are nice too, but its gonna cost you some serious $$$. u can try these guys for more info :
                      www.sfp.net/
                      www.honda-performance.com/
                      www.extrudehone.com/
                      http://jgenginedynamics.com/
                      Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 01-24-2004, 12:48 PM.
                      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                      X