Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cam upgrade info!!! LOOK EVERYONE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam upgrade info!!! LOOK EVERYONE!!!

OK I have been searching for input on the delta 272 regrind. I have a few unanswered questions I needed opinions/input on to help me with getting the regrinds done and in.

Now here is the info that I am offering as I am TIRED AS HELL of everyone asking the SAME question....

That question IS (drum roll).... Will the Delta 260/272 regrind give me more HP???

Let me help you out here..

When upgrading your cam(s) you should not be doing it cause you want to add HP. A cam upgrade is beneficial to TORQUE not HP. You will see a SLIGHT increase in HP but you will have a NOTICEABLE increase in torque.

The cam is more for the bottom end than the top end. YES your gonna have a higher rev range but how many of you guys that aren't chipped and running Uber are running an ECU that can rev past 6800 rpms? NOT ANY!!! The F22 ECUS rev out to 6800 and hit rev limiter disabling the engine from putting out any more power thus making you shift.

C'mon guys lets get real here. Listen more to the people who have/are using the regrinds NOT the ones that THINK they know about em. There are only a FEW guys on this board I would take advice on something like this from: MRX, WIKKED, and zigen (mainly cause hes the F20A genius). Hit them up with any questions you may have.

Sorry just had to vent a little and bring this out in the open.
    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

maybe the delta wont give power however a proper cam setup which isnt a grind and modifyes both lift as well as durationw ill provide good power with a proper setup!. so please remember that this is all in context
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Soy.. either way the HP increase in a regrind in the stock head is not gonna have a big increase in HP!

But YES in a very well matched up setup you may get a bigger increase (but not to much).

Comment

noo in a correct situation where the variables such as duration/lift is all appropriate for the compression and air needs you can see VERY huge gains, for example on a 350z esprit cams with proper pistons and valvetrain will add 30-40 hp by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si
          Soy.. either way the HP increase in a regrind in the stock head is not gonna have a big increase in HP!

But YES in a very well matched up setup you may get a bigger increase (but not to much).
          Look at the BOLD WORD!!!!

Comment

o yeah but you said (but not to much) do you have any idea how much +40 Naturally aspirated power is LOL thats a lot

Comment

most of the hidden power in or cars is in the valve train not the cam im running the ex cam and kms valva train package ie valves, dual springs and titanium keepers and seats with bronze guides i notice 31 hpand 38ftlb of torque on the dyno, i then did a mild PnP on the head and got another 18 hp, sure if i were to run a 272 regrind im sure i could get another 10-20 hp out of it, its not so much the cam but the friction that kills hp, sure the cam plays a part
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

i just hate having to prove jdmcb3 wrong.. ill post pics in a minute.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Formerly 165whp 169wtq!!! all OEM!
                  Now 183whp 171wtq with cams/springs/retainers and less-than-desirable tuning.
                  I only had 3 pulls on the dyno to tune. So, all I did was pull fuel on the top end. No cam gears, so cams are at 0,0 and NO ignition tuning just fuel. So I am sure that there is more power to be had especailly with a better exhaust and a DC collector mod.

CROWER CAMS btw

alright.. as u can see at 5,200rpm.. the hp increase isnt as big a difference as the tq increase at the rpm.. due to the flow characteristics.. and the limitations at that rpm.. any aftermarket cam doesnt peak at 5,200rpm.. as the dyno sheet clearly shows the redline was extended about 500rpm.. and the increases in that range were substancial..

i.e
                  Formerly 165whp 169wtq
                  Now 183whp 171wtq

this also shows.. that peak tq gains arnt the greatest but looking at the graph u can see that it does not head downhill like the stock cam past 5,200rpm... were the biggest difference is noticed..
                  Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 09-04-2005, 02:32 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Hey wikked but you missed the whole point.....

We are talking JUST dropping a cam in your STOCK head. I am tired of people asking if it will increase their HP.

Comment

Working...
                    X