Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Manual Valve Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Valve Body

what is it i need some info
    我愛我的本田

Your transmission is equipped with what we call a valve body. The one installed by the factory is an automatic valve body. That is why manual shifting it will destroy it quickly. Manual shifting in an auto valve body causes sudden changes in pressure which cause the tranny to shift and jerk during shifts. A manual valve body is built to handle the sudden shifts. It will shift your transmission the same way the TCU would do it so it will not wear out the internals in your tranny. More or less. I will clarify this later, I am at work right now.

Comment

can you manual shift and then get tired and then put it in a gear that would let the car shift on its own
      我愛我的本田

Comment

Some kits let you do that.

Comment

can u give me some info on what kits that allows u to do that and give me some web sits that carry the kit
          我愛我的本田

Comment

i am very intrested in this kitt too....
            let me know about the info.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

wow, thanks for updating this i forgot all about this.

Here is a link.
              To keep your tranny and you happy.

The TCU modifyer.

Also, check out that PTS kit. TRUST ME ITS WORTH IT!!!! My friend used it on an Integra he had a couple years back. It was so awesome people swore it was stick shift, until they found out the shocking truth. It worth it if you are serious about your performance.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                wow, thanks for updating this i forgot all about this.

Here is a link.
                To keep your tranny and you happy.

The TCU modifyer.

Also, check out that PTS kit. TRUST ME ITS WORTH IT!!!! My friend used it on an Integra he had a couple years back. It was so awesome people swore it was stick shift, until they found out the shocking truth. It worth it if you are serious about your performance.
                cool info
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

People need to stop killing those poor slushboxes. Buy one dammit.

Comment

well if your just looking for a bit more shift outta your tranny remove the accumulator and manual shifting your tranny will not mess it up. it does change the pressure but that wont destroy your tranny

Comment

huh the what?

Comment

death to the slushboxes all accords should be manual lol j/k my cars auto but not for long

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                          death to the slushboxes all accords should be manual lol j/k my cars auto but not for long
                          I like this route in terms of cost. In terms of reliability the Level 10 route is the way to go.

Comment

the thing with level 10 is that they just offer the product and what the product might be.
                            they don't explain the way it works etc.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                              the thing with level 10 is that they just offer the product and what the product might be.
                              they don't explain the way it works etc.
                              Please explain this further, I am not understanding this.

Comment

Working...
                              X