Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

lanching RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lanching RPM

hey guys, i was wondering what is the best lanching RPM. my friend to do 5000RPM but i dont know, seems kinda of alot. let me know,i wanna test it tonight.
    -kool92accord-

5,000 is to high 3,500 is a good amount feather the clutch when you let it out.
    Last edited by TysCb7; 08-23-2005, 07:45 PM.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

5k is for like AWD cars...i just dump it at 3 and spint he shit out of em...
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i also launch betweend 3000 and 35000 ...........
        "Know Your Rank"

Comment

I was able to do my NA launches at 4-5k with little spinning. Didn't try launching yet with the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            I was able to do my NA launches at 4-5k with little spinning. Didn't try launching yet with the turbo.
            Wuts your suspension/clutch/tire setup?

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Tein SS are set to 15 upfront and 13 in the rear when I am racing. Toyo Proxes FZ4s on 18s. I got An ACT HD pressure plate with Organic Street Disc and Xact Streetlite Flywheel. This was when my car was still N/A.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                Tein SS are set to 15 upfront and 13 in the rear when I am racing. Toyo Proxes FZ4s on 18s. I got An ACT HD pressure plate with Organic Street Disc and Xact Streetlite Flywheel. This was when my car was still N/A.

cool not doubting you or anything, how much does your flywheel weigh?my new one is 12lb not on the car yet.Just wanted to know if its harder to drive and not stall out...i;m pretty new to cluthc

ILBB
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                  cool not doubting you or anything, how much does your flywheel weigh?my new one is 12lb not on the car yet.Just wanted to know if its harder to drive and not stall out...i;m pretty new to cluthc

ILBB
                  Yeah its the 12lb-er. Its not that much of a difference in terms of drivability. You will get used to it quickly.

Comment

The best way to find out what to launch at is to try! Different tracks call for different launches too. Start out launching at like 1500 or so and pretty much pop the clutch. Then try 2k and ease off the clutch a little more and then 2.5k and then 3k and maybe even 3.5-4k. If you had LSD then you could potentially launch it even higher than that. The higher the launching RPM, the more you'll have to work the clutch pedal. Gas pedal should be balls to the wall WOT at all times after launching Don't let off the gas pedal when changing gears either.

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                      ...Don't let off the gas pedal when changing gears either.
                      That causes powershifts that translate into spun tires. Not advised especially in these turbo accords we got on here. Partial throttle at shifts not full throttle. Also partial throttle allows us turbo guys to say in boost during gear changes. Partial throttle between shifts also assists you in rev matching without the chirping tires(loss of traction).

Comment

I wasn't aware that his is turbo

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                          I wasn't aware that his is turbo
                          Well in general for FI or NA. Full throttle powershifts acutally slow you down. Rev matching is the way to get those low ets. Its easier said then done.

Comment

i think your launch depends on your tires....so if you have sticky tires..you can launch at higher rpms...i have kuhmos..i launch about 4000 rpm but i get a lil bit of wheel spin..im guessing if you had stock..you would spin to much...3000 is probably the optimal launch imo

Comment

I think that does depend on the details of each indivudal setup. For a low power NA setup like mine, I'm fine powershifting all day long and it does help my ET's (puts me in VTEC after each shift and no tire spins). If you have a lot of power or traction issues then sure, let off the gas or feather the clutch to help compensate for it. For boost, yeah definitely ease into it. Maybe I shoulda been more descriptive in my first post....sorry

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X