Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

A GST Megan SS 3" DP on a CB7 DSM setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A GST Megan SS 3" DP on a CB7 DSM setup

For those of you who thought this could not be done!!!!!!! I was saying in my member's ride thread, that I visualized that the Megan DP can fit the CB7. I got the 3 inch stainless steel from the 2g GST. To get this on you will need to do some major mods tho. Here is the list:

Cut the front crossmember up to accept the DP's size
    Remove about half your existing exhaust
    Thermo wrap the DP around the oil pan
    LIGHTLY massage the oil pan around where the DP makes contact
    Grind down block webbing ( f you did this to fit the turbo and there is plenty of room then dont worry about this)

After this I bought some pipe and flange off ebay and I welded up the exhaust and bolted it on. You pretty much need just the rest of your old exhaust to copy the pattern.

NOTE: Megan DP eliminates the cat. You can weld it in if you wish. I have a Carsound cat way in the middle of the car. It does not seem to slow the flow down but i may remove it because the car isn't loud at all.

And just like that the DP is in and its at home. Pics will come when I get the digicam. I did this a while ago but I wanted to make sure it does not leak.

P.S. On the scale of difficulty this is gets 4 wrenches. It requires some serious tools so its not for everyone. (I watch too much TRUCKS! with Stacy David <--my idol)
    Last edited by fizzbob7; 08-21-2005, 10:06 AM.

Your in queens hmm interesting perhaps you can show me some of your setup.

Comment

alright man, you've got my attention....i assume you have the 1g o2 housing correct? i hope you wrapped the dp a good ways....it will get hot...i will definately do this...thanks a bunch man! so correct me if im wrong....it was the fwd 2nd gen...and the exit location and angle is the same/similar? im just worried about it being low...my dp is currently looking like a upsidedown "v" from the front

edit:
      are you sure its the 2g gst and not the gsx? the dp from the gst just looks too different....
      edit #2:
      you have you turbo sitting where the air inlet is facing the passenger side, right? i dont think its possible any other way, but u never know....
      Last edited by iamanonymous; 08-21-2005, 12:34 AM.
      I hate thieves!

Comment

The turbo inlet is on the passenger side. As the O2 housing it is also on the form the 1g. You would be better off getting an aftermarket ported pipe because it is larger in diameter. The exit angle of the pipe is similar but its a real bitch to get in there. It will take you a while but it will get in there. I guess its because i got the 3 incher.

EDIT: I misnamed the thread it is the 2nd gen GSX pipe.

Here is their pic of the item.
        Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-21-2005, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I think i may just get up on this setup though or just fab up a 3 inch pipe

Comment

i knew it had to be a gsx pipe. also i already had a custom tube o2 housing made. its the same dimensions as the stock one
            I hate thieves!

Comment

It might just work then. Very important, you will need patience and plenty of tools.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                It might just work then. Very important, you will need patience and plenty of tools.
                explain why. i have both
                I hate thieves!

Comment

Like you said Todd, it should not fit. It can fit but you need to be every patient. It will take you a minimum of 8 hours to get it completely installed. Alot of things need to get out of your way in order for you to install that.

Comment

pictures or ban
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                      pictures or ban
                      Lol, I will get those up soon. I just need to get a hold of a digi cam. I really wanted to do that after i get the car painted but i might just go take pix of the downpipe sometime this week.

Comment

the engine bay isnt gettin painted we just want the pics dude how much was the shit anyway?

Comment

The DP shipped was only 120 off ebay and I'm going to get pix already. Patience people patience...

Comment

hey will it work with a t3/t4 ?

Comment

If the flange matches of course, but I don't think it does.

I didn't forget this BTW, I just had too much damn work these past few weeks. Right now I am in the middle of 14 days straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X