Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Drilled/Sloted Rotors for CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drilled/Sloted Rotors for CB7

Hey,

I'm starting to do my homework on this. I would like to change out my front two rotors for a drilled, slotted and vented set of rotors in the front. Anyone have any ideas of places I can look, NAPA didn't have anything

Btw, is the prelude (94-96) wheel hub the same as the accord (90-93)?

Thanks guys.
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

not sure if theyre the same, but from what ive heard... good pads are better than slotted rotors.

i asked a friend of mine about what rotors i should get. he told me to get regular autozone rotors, but get good pads... like, carbotech panther+

Comment

yea, like a set of good pads and just some blanks will do you fine.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

go for it.

slotted rotors look better..and i think they dont rust..not sure on that rust part....but yeah i have heard brake pads make the difference...but i think that the slotted will last longer because they are less prone to overheat because of the drilled construction....i think its pretty cool to spit on your brakes and they sizzle.......but im sure the crossed stay cooler.....go for the swap if you have the dough! keep us updated because i want to switch out to...

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          slotted rotors look better..and i think they dont rust..not sure on that rust part....but yeah i have heard brake pads make the difference...but i think that the slotted will last longer because they are less prone to overheat because of the drilled construction....i think its pretty cool to spit on your brakes and they sizzle.......but im sure the crossed stay cooler.....go for the swap if you have the dough! keep us updated because i want to switch out to...
          slotted is different from drilled...

and all rotors accumulate surface rust unless you have special rotors that are made out of a special type of material...like some expensive powerslot brand shit.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

arent newer brombo blanks zinc coated so they dont rust? . . . something like that
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. Pardon my newbness, I'm not fimilair with the term "blanks". As far as good brake pads, this is my 1st time looking into non-standard brake pads. H22a is fast as shit, now I need some more stopping power And I dn't have the time/$$$ to go do a disc-conversion just yet (though that's in the agenda).

So what's a good brand for pads? Oh, 1 more thing. When I brake hard, at about 70mph the car vibrates a bit, if I remeber correctly, that means the surface on the rotor is no longer even. that's another reason why I was wondering what some better rotors are too?

Thanks

Comment

you can buy slotted and cross drilled rotors for the front and rear. $229.50.
                and all you need for the rear disk conversion, is the rear hub nuckels and e-brake cables. your lines mate right up. you can change you propotion valve. but not really needed. if you had the cash to buy a CB7 with a H-22 conversion. then you certainly have the needed funds for the brake up grade project. should run total about $500.00 for everything you need. fuck i have such a bad hang over.

Comment

i wouldnt put just blanks on the front, labor is too expensive to risk the rotors warping. And the trade off with brake pads is wear or stopping power, whats more important.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

go with brembo...blanks (disks that are solid like oem rotors) are good but i love my slotted and cross-drilled rotors...never had a problem with them.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

go to www.lsdmotorsports.com for the rotors and pads. he sells accord parts, their good stuff and cheap

Comment

iROTORS. i swear.

we only use iRotors on the 98 Accord, which is way bulkier than my cb7... they're slotted and cross drilled, with zinc coating available for an extra $25... cheaper then brembo, but i honestly wouldn't use anything else. those brakes have saved my life more than once.

i plan on doing my 4 wheel disc conversion on my cb7 and using the iRotors prelude rotors for the application...

http://www.irotors.com
                        Last edited by i'm the girl; 08-07-2005, 06:52 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                          go to www.lsdmotorsports.com for the rotors and pads. he sells accord parts, their good stuff and cheap
                          I agree....speakin' which, I need new rotors in the front.
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by snailin91
                            you can buy slotted and cross drilled rotors for the front and rear. $229.50.
                            and all you need for the rear disk conversion, is the rear hub nuckels and e-brake cables. your lines mate right up. you can change you propotion valve. but not really needed. if you had the cash to buy a CB7 with a H-22 conversion. then you certainly have the needed funds for the brake up grade project. should run total about $500.00 for everything you need. fuck i have such a bad hang over.
                            Where are those prices from? Btw, no one told me what "blanks" are?

Offtopic: I didn't buy an H22a CB7, I built it. (GO MALE EGO )

Comment

Go on ebay, you can buy a front set of real brembo slotted/drilled rotors lke i did.They are 100% real, the seller's name brakepro's.They also have free shipping on some of them. The price range is between $60-$150.

"Jdm Fiend"

Comment

Working...
                              X