Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the H22 in the Euro R (Type R for some generations) was a single stage single runner manifold. The "standard" H22 manifold has IABs just like the H23 and A6. It is pretty much identical to the H23 manifold.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

IAB's? I'm guessing that's some abbreviation for the extra runners...? Cool. Anyone know if the H23 mani has different dimensions from the A6? I.e. is the plenum bigger, are the runners shorter? Anyone feel a diff. from the A6 to the H23 mani?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The plenum on the H23 mani is significantly larger, as is the TB. I also believe the H23 has larger diameter runners, although the length may be similar. I haven't had them next to each other off the car. The A6 plenum is only larger than the A1/A4 plenum because of the extra volume required to contain the IABs (Intake Air Bypass).

You would most likely notice a larger difference with the H23 mani if you had some fairly significant mods that increased the high rpm breathing on the F22 (cam, Port and Polish etc.) but there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of difference otherwise.

One thing to consider might be an overbore Throttle Body. You can have your stock one bored, you can get a stock H23 body or Skunk2 apparently makes one that works for our cars as well as the H22/H23.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          A/C and P/S are good to do...you'll prob. lose a little traction though from the weight loss (isn't A/C really heavy)? I'd trim weight from the rear before the front...

But yea all that stuff sounds about right, especially with a better clutch/short shifter. My clutch is slipping...if it wasn't my car would be in a whole other league of performance. It takes like 2 seconds to catch 2nd gear if I'm racing. I've seen basically stock F22 CB's chirp 2nd...we've got power. 15's are possible with an F22.
          i agree...we have the power, i can usually chirp 2nd and i am working on getting my CB into the 15's all motor before i decide whether or not to boost it. stripping weight from the back is what i would do first too...

Comment

well for the price of the overbored throttle buddy hummmmm people kind of think twice for that.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

or u can buy a dremel kit, and bore it out urself, u realy cant go wrong with doing porting out the intake mani and tb, just be carefull. now the head is a diff. story, i would send that in.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X