Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus going all motor won't require new injectors or drilling your IM...and from what I know NO2 is kind of a pain to use safely. You'd need everything outside of the turbo to use a 50/75 shot on a regular basis without worrying about running too lean and blowing up your motor...not worth it IMO...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      Plus going all motor won't require new injectors or drilling your IM...and from what I know NO2 is kind of a pain to use safely. You'd need everything outside of the turbo to use a 50/75 shot on a regular basis without worrying about running too lean and blowing up your motor...not worth it IMO...
      You have to drill your IM? I never heard of that one...
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

save up more and hold off for a swap

Comment

I thought you had to tap the IM to run the lines/injectors. I know they have kits that go right into the intake filter...oh well.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Like I said, you won't get much from a milled head. Something like 20HP right? An A6 manifold and cam alone are worth 10.

If I get a used head and ship it out, that is definitly an option, but like it was mentioned, I have to ship it somewhere. For what if would cost to pick up a head from a junkyard, ship it, wait for it to get back, and then swap it, I am looking at a couple hundred bucks at least. I can pick up COMPLETE A6 mani's for around $100 in Phoenix all day long (I can't say the same about machine shops), and I have 1/2 the HP right there (with the cam). Less work, 1/5 the cost, less waiting and I get a decent power gain. Then add a good exhaust system and I will just about equal your output with my setup. Don't forget, you have to include the cost of adding the exhaust etc after you swap your head. I can have an exhaust made for less than $250 with a decent muffler, stainless mandrel bent piping and a resonator. So for a little less money, I have a car that is pretty much as fast, sounds the way I want, costs less, and took less time/effort to build.

That isn't to say that milling the head isn't an option, but that isn't where I would start. It would be great later on (if convenient to do so), or with a built N/A motor, but not on a mostly stock engine.

Nitrous is a very feasible option, but most people prefer mods that are going to work all the time and aren't going to keep costing them money. Dollar for HP, Nitrous is impossible to beat.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

But a compression bump will do more than just add HP...it'll make your throttle more responsive and do a hell of a lot for your gas mileage. And as far as the A6 stuff, what if you already have an A6 engine? I'd rather bypass the A6 upgrade and go with a cam. I wish the H22 IM fit our cars...

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                i
                $250x2<<<< well for that kind of money u can go to the junk jard and pic a 5th gen ex engine lol....
                and I'll take that engine on with my stock F22a4 motor and make it clear you just wasted $250x2 for nothing...it's not worth it even for the $500 unless your current engine is running like crap
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

cheap, but increased performance from stock suggestions ...

Maintenance, get engine running right...then...

Intake, bore throttle body, port intake manifold, regrind cam, off-shelf-header, crush-bent exhaust to a muffler of choice or some cheap exhaust system that's like 2.25" or so. At least take the time and set your cam timing to optimal and ignition timing for the most reliable performance, if you need to adjust your air/fuel ratio get a fuel pressure regulator.

A/C & P/S removal are options as is weight reduction.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

A/C and P/S are good to do...you'll prob. lose a little traction though from the weight loss (isn't A/C really heavy)? I'd trim weight from the rear before the front...

But yea all that stuff sounds about right, especially with a better clutch/short shifter. My clutch is slipping...if it wasn't my car would be in a whole other league of performance. It takes like 2 seconds to catch 2nd gear if I'm racing. I've seen basically stock F22 CB's chirp 2nd...we've got power. 15's are possible with an F22.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                      and I'll take that engine on with my stock F22a4 motor and make it clear you just wasted $250x2 for nothing...it's not worth it even for the $500 unless your current engine is running like crap
                      true that........

well i think we prety much covered all the hp upgrades to the f22 for $250 or more. lol
                      hopefully some of the new comers will put all of this information into good use...
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                        When did I say "forged internals"?
                        omg i mistook hi cr pistons for forged pistons, please dont kill me.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        But a compression bump will do more than just add HP...it'll make your throttle more responsive and do a hell of a lot for your gas mileage. I wish the H22 IM fit our cars...
                        some knows what im talking about. and u can use the h23 mani too. thats what im runing right now on my sohc

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                          omg i mistook hi cr pistons for forged pistons, please dont kill me.
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

That's what I was going to mention too. The H23/F22B manifolds are pretty much identical to the H22 manifold, only they bolt up to an F22A.

Every mod listed in this post is going to improve throttle response/drivability. It is a given consequence of more power.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ok guys
                              now i am working on a a6 engine.... he gona take the head off so we can sent the camshaft to delta etc...
                              and we are gona mill the head
                              now a while back i been told not to mill the head more than .45....
                              does anyone here done any work on the f22 head???? how much did u guys mill the head?
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I thought the H22 had a single-runner IM...hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X