Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blaster Coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and this will fit the 91 2.2L?

Check Out My Car

Comment

nevermind, i figured it all out. im so happy i found one that fits my car cause i wasnt seeing one anywhere! yall are awesome and thanks for the instructions, ill have to read them of coarse! thanks again, got everything ordered and on the way, new cap, ss coil, msd 8.5 superconductor wires, and i ot my new v-poer ngk plugs. sound good huh?

Check Out My Car

Comment

MSD Ballast Resistor...prevents voltage from jumping all over the place. It cost like 8 dollars.

Comment

do i need to buy the ballast resistor?

Check Out My Car

Comment

those were great instructions u posted but i need them for the coil number 8207, the ones u posted are for the blaster 2. also do i need a balast resistor to put in with all this stuff?

Check Out My Car

Comment

Yes you need a resistor. You can get one at Pep Boys with free shipping. I've never seen one in any stores. Instructions are the same. Here's the SS instructions
              Yeah you have to find a place to run the wires out of the dist cap to the external coil. A small hole or cut a piece of the gasket to fit them. It's really not that hard though. I'd say 1/2 hour. I think I might post a nice DIY with pictures since there really isn't one up.
              Last edited by uslspct; 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

im not following them real well, maybe i just need the parts to look at. worried about the wires going to the stock coil and extending them, i didnt know i had to do all this. how hard is it to do and how long u think itll take?

Check Out My Car

Comment

I hope you're planning on buying an MSD 6A, 6AL, SCI, or similar ignition box... an MSD coil by itself might help but not by much (it might even cause problems like I stated earlier!). You NEED the new ignition to see real good results. Don't cheap out, you're not taking even close to full advantage of that coil with the stock igniter.

Comment

ill just run the coil and wires and cap and plugs for now, dont have the money to buy the whole ignition system. ill upgrade it later, just hook it in

Check Out My Car

Comment

Just remember Ballast resistor saves you from

Comment

well and the balast resistor, i ordered that too, just not ignition

Check Out My Car

Comment

glad to see you chose and not . Its a precaution. The ignition boxes have it built into the design so they dont need the resistor.

Comment

yeh well with all this i hope i get something out of it. what all will it do for me again?
                            just need re-assuring

Check Out My Car

Comment

Working...
                            X